• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian Anime Delayed to July 2024

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaosWarrior95

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:57 pm Reply with quote
From what I’ve heard, Doga Kobo is heavily worked, jumping from one anime to the next with no time to spare. There were some production delays in Shikimori due to My Senpai is Annoying being produced so close to it. Also that Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence anime got delayed a bit too. It seems to be a classic case of deadlines too tight more than anything, and with all the shows they are working on. So it’s not being afraid of competition, because this will be popular and sell well (the light novels for this series are practically printing money), and it costs more to buy new timeslots.
Glordit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:10 am Reply with quote
GunplaAddict wrote:
Glordit wrote:
GunplaAddict wrote:
Glordit wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
Nah, this time it seems to be the other way around and Aniplex doesn't want to shoot themselves in the foot with a potentially big hit on their deck like what they had with NieR Automata anime in the already friggin busy Spring season - while Doga Kobo is already busy with Jellyfish Can't Swim, which is also produced by Aniplex, and the second season for Oshi no Ko - which have the same producer as Roshidere.

Huh, I thought Alya is primarily Kadokawa's and Jellyfish is King Records'. You don't see the usual Aniplex' vanity links (yeah, that's how I call those Twisted Evil ) at the bottom of both websites. And I found neither shows on their site (they're usually quick to add those they produce).
Maybe they are indeed part of the production committee, but not at the top of the list. Probably as BD/DVD distributor.

I am speaking under correction but, I think KADOKAWA does their own distribution. I can't find any information linking the series to Aniplex though they could just be involved in the streaming via Crunchyroll.

The delays are probably due to Oshi no Ko and Jellyfish taking up a majority of their already small workforce.

Roshidere and Oshi No Ko have different production teams. The real reason they are delaying it is they know Roshidere cannot compete against all those franchise sequels concentrated into one season.

It's all just speculation until sufficient evidence is provided.

Doga Kobo is a tiny studio, they don't have multiple teams.

Roshidere is a rom com so I highly doubt they will have trouble animating something that requires next to no action. I rarely hear of rom coms needing delays due to production issues. I am pretty sure they are able to increase their staff after Oshi No Ko's success.

Just because there is no action doesn't mean it's easy to animate, there is a lot more than just "sakuga" when doing anime. No one will cancel their project this close to release when they knew last year already what shows would be coming out in the Spring.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2