• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Paradox Live The Animation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anne F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Not a fan of these super last minute announcements, but I'm glad it's actually going to be streamed and not a rental only! I'm really looking forward to watching the first episode again!
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Anne F wrote:
Not a fan of these super last minute announcements, but I'm glad it's actually going to be streamed and not a rental only! I'm really looking forward to watching the first episode again!

Crunchyroll tends to do this every season, they wait until the last minute to announce their last few shows.
Custom Apex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Anne F wrote:

Crunchyroll tends to do this every season, they wait until the last minute to announce their last few shows.

But why? Why do this for every season? It felt like Crunchyroll always do this on purpose for personal reasons.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:19 am Reply with quote
Custom Apex wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:
Anne F wrote:

But why? Why do this for every season? It felt like Crunchyroll always do this on purpose for personal reasons.

I presume it’s to build hype for what Crunchyroll believes to be some of the biggest names for the current season. The hilarious part about this is that if you follow anime news throughout the year, you already know what service 99% of the shows will be streamed on. Crunchyroll’s last minute announcements are primarily for fans who do not keep up with anime news. As an example, the only show I didn’t already know that Crunchyroll would stream back in Spring 2023 was Eden’s Zero.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:59 am Reply with quote
SinisterOracle wrote:
Custom Apex wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:
Anne F wrote:

I presume it’s to build hype for what Crunchyroll believes to be some of the biggest names for the current season. The hilarious part about this is that if you follow anime news throughout the year, you already know what service 99% of the shows will be streamed on. Crunchyroll’s last minute announcements are primarily for fans who do not keep up with anime news. As an example, the only show I didn’t already know that Crunchyroll would stream back in Spring 2023 was Eden’s Zero.

I wonder what the dub situation for Edens Zero currently is. Netflix has the license for the first season dub so I wonder if Crunchyroll will purchase it and then dub the second season. Any ideas?
Anne F

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:38 am Reply with quote
Kiwi93 wrote:
Anne F wrote:

And? Just because they do this all the time doesn't mean I have to like it. lol
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:26 am Reply with quote
Anne F wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:
Anne F wrote:

And? Just because they do this all the time doesn't mean I have to like it. lol

Didn’t you say you have to like it lol, looking at their simulcast lineup there are 5 empty slots left so we can expect some more last minute announcements lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1