• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer Manga's Hashira Geiko Arc Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KanpaiGuren

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:22 pm Reply with quote
The fact that they only announced that the Hashira Training arc (9 chapters only) is getting a TV Anime (max 3-4 eps content) might hint that the spoiler[Infinity Fortress] arc will not be in the next season but adapted in upcoming films instead!
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Prediction time: Only a single episode of filler exists so far (for Mugen Train) so they won´t turn an arc that fits into 3 eps into a cour so 1/3rd or so of Infinity Castle will be slipped in. There is a chance that the anime will extend the manga by a bit, as it entered its final arc out of nowhere during a popularity spike, but not during the last breathing section. The rest of Infinity Castle will get its own season, maybe with original material, with an unusual episode number before they finish off with a Countdown Arc film trilogy to print all the money.
The one Gaiden volume has material for exactly 4 eps but where to slot them... who knows.

Crazy that the most successful anime film of all time, by over 100 million without inflation, made 507 million during peak Covid and is now just part of S2. Forever rendered irrelevant as a standalone product!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:51 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Crazy that the most successful anime film of all time, by over 100 million without inflation, made 507 million during peak Covid and is now just part of S2. Forever rendered irrelevant as a standalone product!

I agree with nearly everything you said, except for the movie trilogy, and this is...kinda why? I still don't understand why Mugen Train was adapted into a season of the TV series after the success it had at the box office in Japan. I mean, the story itself wasn't a very good movie plot (the pacing of the arc is better suited to serialized storytelling), but the decision to adapt it twice is just...rather mind-boggling.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:18 pm Reply with quote
flamemasterelan wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:

I agree with nearly everything you said, except for the movie trilogy, and this is...kinda why? I still don't understand why Mugen Train was adapted into a season of the TV series after the success it had at the box office in Japan. I mean, the story itself wasn't a very good movie plot (the pacing of the arc is better suited to serialized storytelling), but the decision to adapt it twice is just...rather mind-boggling.

Because they didn't adapt it twice? They just recut the movie and didn't have to do any extra work aside from the original episode. I don't know why this is such a strange concept
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:46 pm Reply with quote
[quote="flamemasterelan"]
residentgrigo wrote:
but the decision to adapt it twice is just...rather mind-boggling.

Why adapt it is a movie? Because of money! Why re-adapt it in episodic format? money!

Same reason Battle of the Gods and Resurrection 'f' were released as movies and then as the first 27 eps of DB Super. Same reason once Super returns Broly and Super Hero will be turned episodic. Money!
James02

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Maybe every episode will only cover 1 chapter so that there could be 9 episodes.
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:26 pm Reply with quote
James02 wrote:
Maybe every episode will only cover 1 chapter so that there could be 9 episodes.

my dude this isn't one piece anime.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Considering the pacing problems the latest season had, I was really hoping this next mini arc would be considered part of the final one instead of getting its own TV season. I'm crossing my fingers that they won't stretch it over 10 episodes or so.
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Considering the pacing problems the latest season had, I was really hoping this next mini arc would be considered part of the final one instead of getting its own TV season. I'm crossing my fingers that they won't stretch it over 10 episodes or so.

they can't. it's impossible unless they disgustingly stall and add fillers or something.
I don't know how they gonna do this to be honest.
most logical way is they make a 4-5 episodes mini "cour 1" and then take like 5 months for cour 2 which will be beginning of another arc.
Matros

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Mushrinku wrote:
James02 wrote:

my dude this isn't one piece anime.

Still better paced than the latest season. *runs away*
Chipp12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:50 am Reply with quote
flamemasterelan wrote:
And the Swordsmith Village arc was only 11 episodes.

I'd say it was closer to 14 episodes considering the length of the first and the last episodes.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:58 am Reply with quote
I`m still betting that there will be a little bit of the Infinity Castle Arc in this new series.

I mean while the Hashira training arc is interesting there is no big threat / peril to make a huge bombastic finale.

spoiler[

The hashira training arc officiall ends with Muzan showing up at the house to see the master. The first part of the infinity castle arc has the big fight sequence leading to the bombing and all the hashira fighting Muzan and beheading him BUT he doesnt die and a load of trap doors open and they fall in to the infinity castle.

I think it would be SOOOO cool to end wth that fight and they all land in the infinity castle and the whole "oh crap" moment is where the season ends - that would be the perfect hook in the new season

]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2