• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Game Streams 3rd, Final Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:19 am Reply with quote
I like how the monsters are just doing their own thing.

Link's got some legs!

Ganondorf?

Villagers! It seems like they have a lot of stuff to do too, right down to fighting with you.

"Link...you must find me." I mean, that's practically the premise of every game Zelda!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:08 am Reply with quote
This looks a lot better than Breath of the Wild, it's like it has actual worthwhile content.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:54 am Reply with quote
I... can't. Zelda will be the best game of the decade. Again. And I say this after playing that other masterpiece of Elden Ring for hundreds of hours. But the gameplay variety shown in the latest two Tears of the Kingdom trailers is unparalleled.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fluwm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:13 pm Reply with quote
My only real concern about the game at this point is that the crafting system will necessitate a lot more time spent gathering items. EG in the trailer we see Link attach a ruby(!) to an arrow, and those were pretty rare in BotW!

Other than that, I'm super excited. I wonder if time travel will be a thing? Kinda seems like Zelda's stuck in another world or something. And that's not even getting into her new gyaru-transformation.

I... I really hope that's just a new character. Maybe the Zelda from 10,000 years prior or something? That wouldn't explain why modern-Zelda's got the same gear, though....

Also: Demise might be back?!?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Hype levels off the scale. All of my want.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:13 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
I wonder if time travel will be a thing? Kinda seems like Zelda's stuck in another world or something. And that's not even getting into her new gyaru-transformation.

I... I really hope that's just a new character. Maybe the Zelda from 10,000 years prior or something? That wouldn't explain why modern-Zelda's got the same gear, though....

There's a theory going around that spoiler[Tears is the end of a time-loop leading back to Skyward Sword, mainly because of the sky islands and the fact that Skyward and BotW were already known to be at opposite ends of the timeline.] Whether that's true or not, there's gotta be some weird magical shenanigans going on, since these two at least resemble the previous game's Link and Zelda, but somehow the definitely 100% final for-real-this-time defeat of Ganon seems to have fallen apart yet again.

My only worry about this game is whether the Switch can actually handle such incredibly complex action. A lot of stuff in that trailer looked very grapics-and-physics-intensive. Link riding a makeshift mecha to attack a bokoblin camp on top of a talus?! Very cool, but also potentially very laggy. The Zelda team is clearly better at optimizing than the Pokemon team, but they're not magical wizards... or are they?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1