• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan The Final Season Part 3 Anime Reveals Key Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenfra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:17 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Honestly, calling full seasons "part 1/2/3 etc." is ridiculous if the time between seasons is more than ten months. I don't know what kind of marketing strategy this is. Just it seasons 4, 5, and The Final Season. If you wanna be fancy, call it "The Marley Arc, War of Paradis Arc," and "Rumbling Arc."

MAPPA, Iseyama, or whoever did this needs to apologize. It's just frustrating. How many of us got tricked into catching up because we saw that it said "The Final Season" 2 years ago?

Not catching up isn't a punishable offence.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:22 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
MAPPA, Iseyama, or whoever did this needs to apologize. It's just frustrating. How many of us got tricked into catching up because we saw that it said "The Final Season" 2 years ago?

Entitled much?
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:47 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

I'm sorry but this absolutely seems like a non issue and hardly anything that requires an apology. What would it even be, sorry you decided to watch something before you wanted to?
Slim Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:13 pm Reply with quote
But seriously, how many more "Final Seasons" can they possibly do? I'm anime-only so I'm not sure how much is left, but isn't this like the tail end of the series? Are they stretching it out or is there that much left to cover?
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:00 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Soul_Punisher wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:
I think people have a right to complain about this "Final Season" actually being "3 Final Seasons" and dragging out for 2+ years. Especially anime-only viewers that have had to dodge spoilers and probably the fandom in general this whole time.

It's all good.
Anime only viewers ain't missing much.

What, you're excited anticipating how it all comes out? Ha! Let me just douse your hopes with a bucket of cold cynicism! The ending is terrible! Controversial! You're going to hate it! You might as well not even bother finishing it. Why did you even waste time watching any of this trash instead of listening to us wise and knowing manga readers? We're only trying to save you disappointment. Maybe someday you'll learn not to look forward to anything.

Except it's very good advice in this case. At the very least don't hype yourself up, if you end up liking ending or they go anime original you'll be positively surprised, and if you hate it, you'll be prepared at least.

I read the manga ending after finishing last arc of anime, because I was curious where it will go from there, and I had the same reaction - "I didn't need to hurry at all, it's just disappointing". Though now I get the memes at least.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:04 am Reply with quote
Whether the advice is good or bad, it's still unasked for. But I really do need to accept that this is a lost cause. With apologies to Upton Sinclair, it is difficult to get a manga reader to understand something, when his ego depends upon his not understanding it. I shall endeavor to grind my teeth and close the window without comment in the future.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:27 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Whether the advice is good or bad, it's still unasked for. But I really do need to accept that this is a lost cause. With apologies to Upton Sinclair, it is difficult to get a manga reader to understand something, when his ego depends upon his not understanding it. I shall endeavor to grind my teeth and close the window without comment in the future.

It's not just about manga. If someone is happy to watch Psycho Pass, I'd also warn them that second season is mediocre at best. If someone is hyped to watch Cowboy Bebop Netflix Live Action, I'd also warn them to not get hyped. What's wrong with warning people that certain parts or sequels or adaptations of something they like is objectively bad?
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:23 am Reply with quote
a_Bear_in_Bearcave wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:

It's not just about manga. If someone is happy to watch Psycho Pass, I'd also warn them that second season is mediocre at best. If someone is hyped to watch Cowboy Bebop Netflix Live Action, I'd also warn them to not get hyped. What's wrong with warning people that certain parts or sequels or adaptations of something they like is objectively bad?

Because "objectively bad" is not a thing. Anyone is free to like or dislike whatever they want. So just let people watch whatever the fudge they want and have their own opinions on them instead of just shoving this into their faces.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:15 pm Reply with quote
a_Bear_in_Bearcave wrote:
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Soul_Punisher wrote:

It's all good.
Anime only viewers ain't missing much.

What, you're excited anticipating how it all comes out? Ha! Let me just douse your hopes with a bucket of cold cynicism! The ending is terrible! Controversial! You're going to hate it! You might as well not even bother finishing it. Why did you even waste time watching any of this trash instead of listening to us wise and knowing manga readers? We're only trying to save you disappointment. Maybe someday you'll learn not to look forward to anything.

Except it's very good advice in this case. At the very least don't hype yourself up, if you end up liking ending or they go anime original you'll be positively surprised, and if you hate it, you'll be prepared at least.

I read the manga ending after finishing last arc of anime, because I was curious where it will go from there, and I had the same reaction - "I didn't need to hurry at all, it's just disappointing". Though now I get the memes at least.

I don't know why you wouldn't just let others reach that conclusion themselves though. A lot of people have been following this series for almost a decade and deserve to get to the end without their expectations being tipped in either direction. Don't be Homer spoiling the end of Star Wars for people waiting in line.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2