• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uncle From Another World Anime Delays Episode 8 Indefinitely Due to COVID-19

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:42 am Reply with quote
That sucks, Isekai Ojisan & Classroom of the Elite are my favorite shows of the year. This anime can't catch a break. It was surprisingly somewhat popular in some circles, so hopefully this doesn't kill its popularity and the chance for more seasons. Though considering what's been shared in this thread, a bright future for this anime is really unlikely and few will care when this returns.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:19 am Reply with quote
Well, this sucks, but I guess at least Netflix will get through the already aired episodes after the last hiatus...
Bardo_Thodol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:24 am Reply with quote
Well this is a bummer Sad this show instantly became on of my favorites this season when I took a chance on it. At least I can always purchase the manga (I have the first book). Hope they at least can wrap up their season/cour without a decreased quality in the future.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:50 am Reply with quote
This is my cue to drop the show. I have only watched 4 episodes thanks to Netflix. It is a fun show, but I don"t have the patience to be on limbo for months.
Blazi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:58 am Reply with quote
Mannnnn this sucks, how unfortunate.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:59 pm Reply with quote
You can only get away with so much by throwing around the "COVID19" magic work.

I'm dropping this show too. It's one thing having to wait for seasons, another completely different is having to wait for episodes inbetween the same season out of ineptitude. I'm already doing that with Stone Ocean, and it's infuriating enough that it happens with that anime which I love, for it to happen again with this one I just like.
Philmister978

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really buying that this is COVID, if we're being frank. I don't doubt that it could have played a part, but this is the second delay already and I'm not convinced that it's the only, or at least the main, reason for this second lapse in production stability.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hm... not buying the excuse. There is probably a lot more going on behind the scenes they're not telling us. They're probably pulling the animators off of this project and putting them onto one of the bigger projects. Likely nothing to do with COVID but $$$$$$
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Man..so many of you are dumping the show because of production issues, that's kind of crummy.

Like, I'm all for calling out bad practices and such, but dropping it because it's taking forever to get finished? Kind of pathetic to be frank.

Like, i feel bad that nonsense whether its covid or working conditions or whatever is holding this show's production back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2