• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: California's Placer County Closes Main Vaccination Site for 2 Days as SacAnime Holds Swap Meet

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:33 am Reply with quote
I don’t buy SacAnime’s explanation. It’s a “swap meet” with guests and autographs. And even *if* the clinic never planned to be open, why host anything anywhere?

Last edited by Aresef on Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 am Reply with quote
"Anime was a mistake."
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:28 am Reply with quote
SacAnime's excuses are reaching a bit, considering that the convention center's clinic is extending vaccination hours this week, and the "swap meet" technicality (I'm guessing that's what it is) is laughable. The SacAnime folks seriously thought this was a good idea?!
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:55 am Reply with quote
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:15 am Reply with quote
(Face palms)

Since moving to Sacramento a couple years ago I've been attending SacAnime, but I wasn't planning to attend this thing for two reasons: I don't have a car and I have asthma and I really don't want to go out until I get my vaccine...

This is messed up and there are people who can't get their second doses it just... man...
Wasureta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:31 am Reply with quote
Placer County allowed the event to occur and they're mainly people who deny COVID-19 even exists. This shouldn't be surprising.
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:47 am Reply with quote
Wasureta wrote:
Placer County allowed the event to occur and they're mainly people who deny COVID-19 even exists. This shouldn't be surprising.

Am resident, can sadly confirm.

This whole thing is a shitshow and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Hope Sabat enjoys his extra few McDonald's lunches worth of autograph money, I guess.
Kaylee Smerbeck

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:21 pm Reply with quote
With the announcement that we are on a year clock to get everyone vaccinated this is disgusting especially with growing vaccine skepticism in Pakistan (some gross shit the US did while hunting Bin Laden made everyone scared of vaccines). Basically if we don't get herd immunity in a year the newer strain that emerges will be resistant to the vaccine
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:20 am Reply with quote
Voice actor Christina Kelly was apparently blocking people who tried to inform her about SacAnime and now she's just deleted her whole Twitter account rather than own up to it.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:49 am Reply with quote
Aresef wrote:

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Voice actor Christina Kelly was apparently blocking people who tried to inform her about SacAnime and now she's just deleted her whole Twitter account rather than own up to it.

Can people go for more than a day without harassing and chasing women off social media?

Why do people even use Twitter willngly?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Can people go for more than a day without harassing and chasing women off social media?

As far as I saw, nobody was mean or rude to her. She just refused to take any responsibility for her actions and decided to delete rather than take responsibility. As far as I saw, people were far harsher towards Chris Sabat than they were Christina Kelly. But it’s not accurate to say an actor refusing to take responsibility for why they’re going to a con during a mass pandemic that’s also depriving people of important vaccines as “harassment.” All she really had to do was just say she wasn’t aware of the circumstances but it was too late for her to back out and people would have accepted it instead of just doubling down.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:00 pm Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:

What's ironic is you posting this and trying to be some altruistic defender when in the past you have made posts, in various topics, where you've basically defended harassment. Along with COVID denialism posts as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1