• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Biggest Badass Forum Tournament

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
Hikari14 wrote:
Um, there is been a mistake. I voted for Roberta when I intended to vote for Chane. Please fix...

It's pointless to change answers now, days after the last round is already ended and the scores tallied, especially when it won't affect the outcome.

If the change in vote would've changed the outcome then I would not do it. Everyone needs to be careful and make clear who they are voting for. Since it does not change the outcome I don't mind changing your vote this one time. It does effect mini-game scoring, but it actually costs Hikari 2 points instead of adding 2. Though I fail to see why it matters given your clear message in PM's you're done. Regardless, I'll change the vote and mini-game score.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Here are my votes this round.

Round 3 Bracket A:

A2 Balalaika (Black Lagoon) vs. A30 Satoru Gojo (Jujutsu Kaisen) - I gotta stick with my girl on this one. While Gojo has been a surprise for me this tournament, and my appreciation of him as grown, I still think Balalaika has that badass aura and swagger to her in higher levels than he does. She just exudes that aura and all those around her see it. She is also quite competent as well and can back it up.

A3 "D" (Vampire Hunter D) vs. A20 Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tale) - Going with D on this. I love Erza, and she has been through alot to get to her badass status. D however has hardly been through a picnic himself. Plus he's been alive much longer and still keeps going fighting the vampires and helping people. All while doing it with the calm, cool, and self assured badass aura.

A7 Guts (Berserk) vs. A19 Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka) - Guts is a badass without question. He just throws himself at situations and has this never give up mentality. I mean he cut off his own arm to keep fighting. Outside of combat though he is much more passive. He still exudes that badass aura and swagger don't get me wrong, but there is a noticeable decrease. It's still enough to win most matchups here, but not against Onizuka for me. Onizuka has that swagger and aura going 24/7. When he has "conflicts" in the story, and when he's just teaching. At all points he's just that loveable badass with a heart of gold. I think when comparing characters I often look at who has that mentality and aura going on more often. Especially when they are equally badass when it is going. So while most may instinctively go for Guts I think Onizuka pound for pound has as much swagger and badass mentality to him as Guts, AND it's on display more often. Which puts him over the top.

A8 Lancer (Fate Franchise) vs. A9 Alita (Battle Angel Alita) vs. A11 Alucard (Hellsing) - I think all 3 equally have badass moments in combat within their respective series. Ignoring differences in "power levels" per se, and focusing simply on the actual badass moments during combat and their skills. So I turn to the badass moments outside of combat. How often they have that swagger going when not fighting. In that regard Alita is the lowest of the 3 I think. I love her, but the other 2 simply have the badass meter on more often. Between Alucard and Lancer I gotta give it to Alucard. It's not simply his powers. It's the all encompassing swagger and attitude he has. He knows he's king shit of the mountain. He flaunts it. He's snarky, passive aggressive, and just lets his badass flag fly when dealing with people. He was buddy buddy with the pope, he flew a freaking SR-71 Blackbird, and his swagger was on full force when dealing with Walter. Yes it might be easier to be that much of a badass when you're the most powerful person in your world, but the fact still remains he is that badass. Unlike say a Goku or Ichigo.

Runner's Up bracket 2B:

B34 Keiko (Doomed Megalopolis) vs. A26 Moutoku Sousou (Ikki Tousen)

A5 Riza Hawkeye (Full metal Alchemist) vs. C34 Juzo Inui (No Guns Life)

C23 Mamoru Takamura (Hajime no Ippo) vs. D15 Rory Mercury (Gate)

B22 Byakuya Kikuchi (Bleach) vs. A24 Ains Ooal Gown (Overlord)

A23 Bang (One Punch Man) vs. C13 Giyu Tomioka (Demon Slayer)

C20 Nancy Makuhari (Miss Deep) (Read or Die) vs. D26 Shizuo Heiwajima (Durararara)

D30 Shinya Kougami (Psycho Pass) vs. C19 Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)

D29 Io Fleming (Gundamn Thunderbolt) vs. B25 Jean Jacquemonde (Spriggan) vs. A10 Broly (Dragonball franchise)

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Round 3 Bracket A:

A2 Balalaika (Black Lagoon) vs. A30 Satoru Gojo (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Many of the characters from Black Lagoon I wouldn’t want to mess with. So, this match-up against Gojo isn’t that surprising to me. I really like Gojo, but I think Balalaika’s demeanor is more bad-ass. Sorry Gojo.

A3 "D" (Vampire Hunter D) vs. A20 Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tale)
I don’t know if the aura of the show itself is giving D the edge here, and maybe that’s unfair. I sure am trying not to let it affect my vote - but in the end, my gut still says D. So that’s my vote.

A7 Guts (Berserk) vs. A19 Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka)
For me, it’s Onizuka’s determination that gets my attention in this matchup. I have a feeling that Guts will still win, and that wouldn’t irk me - because I would say he deserves it too. Just a tough one here.

A8 Lancer (Fate Franchise) vs. A9 Alita (Battle Angel Alita) vs. A11 Alucard (Hellsing)
This one was tough, not just because it has three characters… it is because of these three particular characters. I think my vote is for Alucard basically because of consistency and sometimes the intensity of his bad-ass behavior. I am glad that Alita made it as far as she did, though.

Runner's Up bracket 2B:

C20 Nancy Makuhari (Miss Deep) (Read or Die) vs. D26 Shizuo Heiwajima (Durararara)

D29 Io Fleming (Gundamn Thunderbolt) vs. B25 Jean Jacquemonde (Spriggan) vs. A10 Broly (Dragonball franchise)
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:44 am Reply with quote
Round 3 Bracket A:

I've not seen Jujutsu Kaisen, but Balalaika has a mental toughness that makes her very badass in my mind. She has a kind of presence that just makes it clear she isn't someone to mess with.

I've still only seen a little bit of Fairy Tail, but D strikes me as a more badass character. I'm sure Erza is powerful in a fight, but D strikes me more as the "badass" type who is implacable in the face of danger.

While Onizuka can act badass at times, he also acts silly a lot of the time. Guts on the other hand is an extreme badass all of the time.

A8 Lancer (Fate Franchise) vs. A9 Alita (Battle Angel Alita) vs. A11 Alucard (Hellsing)
While I think Alucard is overpowered and not that interesting as a character, he certainly has a badass attitude. I think his combination of attitude and unbeatable power tops the other two characters.

Runner's Up bracket 2B:

I don't think I can take a Ikki Tousen character seriously in the competition, so I'm voting for the other character.

I've not seen No Guns Life, so Riza gets my vote.

I think Rory is pretty badass, and I've not seen the other show.

Ains strikes me as the more intimidating to his foes, so I'll give him my vote

I've not seen enough of Demon Slayer to want to vote for a character from it.

Nancy never really struck me as that badass, so I'm voting for Shizuo.

I've only recently started watching Psycho Pass, so again my vote goes to the character whose show I've seen.

I'll give my vote to Broly for being basically an unstoppable force of destruction.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Round 3 Bracket A:

From what little I've seen of both series, I found Balalaika's mere presence to instill a feeling of badassery wherever she goes.

I'll admit that I'm still a bit sore about D beating Cobra in the second round, but I definitely feel that D deserves the vote over Ezra due to his stoicism in just about every situation.

I'm voting for Guts based solely on his reputation among fandom.

I want to vote for Alita, but I can't come up with any convincing arguments to justify picking her over Alucard and the justifications of the other participants.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Runner's Up bracket 2B:

bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Round 3 Bracket A:

While I'd rather BOTH of these two get through and neither of the next match-up below get through, alas, that is not how the game goes. Frankly, I followed the crowd here, although I am fairly equal on this matchup.

I had to pick one, and at least D is the one I am familiar with. I never watched Fairy Tale and what I looked up didn't convince me otherwise.

I've never seen a character that better fits the qualification of Bad Ass more. He's also one my my very favorite characters to begin with, he grows in strength and maturity continually, choosing to fight against impossible odds and never give up.

Honestly, I didn't have strong feelings about this vote, I'd still rather both of the first match up go through than any of these...but again, there can be only one...

Runner's Up bracket 2B:

This is one of my cats names.

Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Round 3 Bracket A:

Oddly enough, both characters don't have a whole lot of screen time (and I think I'm only about halfway through S1 of Jutjutsu, so I don't even know if Gojo shows up some more). That being said, while I think Gojo is extremely OP and badass, I need to see a little more about his backstory or convictions and what drives him.

As I said about Black Lagoon, pretty much every character in that show is a result of their deplorable environment, so there's a unique quality of grit that's rubbed off on everyone. I would not be surprised to see all 3 of the main women make it into the final brackets.
----------

The other day, I actually went on some kind of random tangent that got me into re-reading some of the novels and manga adaptations of VHD, which then made me realize that D, himself, is actually a kind of cowboy character as well. He's not wild and rambunctious, but he's the strong silent type akin to Clint Eastwood's character from (The) Man with No Name trilogy or Mando from (The) Mandolorian. I'd even say he's almost very samurai-like, in that he's got a quiet, yet commanding, presence that exudes honor and integrity. He doesn't let his emotions get in the way, has a pretty clear sense of purpose (for whatever his goal is at a given time), and he seems to be able to deal with any kind of monster/demon (which I guess you could label as "prowess").
----------

I feel the whole Berserk franchise is a bit of a one-trick pony that relies, mostly, on its heavy themes, graphic violence/sexuality, and dark fantasy ambiance. Not to say I don't like it; I still think it's Excellent for a lot of what's there. But after re-reading the Golden Age Arc, I have issue with the whole thing being Griffith's fault. If he didn't lose his shit after Guts beat him in their second duel and made the stupid decisions he did, none of that Sacrifice mess would've had to happen, so I find the entire reason behind said story to be a tad petty. And then it's basically just angry Guts wandering around with comatose Caska (who I found slightly obnoxious and whiny during Golden Age, and a total hindrance post-Sacrifice), and it's just dark, dark, dark, gore, gore, gore, naked women, crazy Apostle, comic relief from Puck and Isidro, occasional encounters with Skull Knight and Zodd, comatose Caska getting into more trouble, big bloody army battles, Berserk Armor making Guts go beyond his limits, and oh hey, there's Griffith in human form, again.

GTO, though, speaks on a more relatable and greater level. Sure, Onizuka's a goofball, but there's so much more depth to his actions and beliefs, as a character. Post-Golden Age, Guts is just rage and anger, which I feel drives that particular story, but there's very little resolution to an exceedingly compounding amount of problems. Onizuka, on the other hand is all about solving problems. And he does so with an enormous amount of charisma and charm. I find it inspirational, hopeful, and much more badass than the former. They are simply different styles of storytelling. Berserk, I feel, is more style, while GTO, I feel, is more substance. And I think that's the major game-changer in choosing between these characters.
----------

I feel Servants in Fate are a bit limited by their role as fighters. They definitely have physicality and badass auras, but because they're kinda' stuck to doing their Masters' bidding, there's not as much actual character development (outside of the major ones like Saber and Archer). I haven't played the game, so I'm not sure if that delves any deeper. So based on that, alone, I find it hard to argue for Lancer beyond what I've seen in the anime.

Alita, I've actually only experienced via the live-action movie. It feels like there's a ton of potential there, but I've yet to read the manga or watch the anime.

And so, I'll have to vote Alucard. The whole Hellsing franchise oozes style, and I'm still convinced that Jouji Nakata playing his voice is one of the greatest roles in anime history. I equate Nakata to being the James Earl Jones of seiyuu, and Alucard is up there with Darth Vader for being that great of a character, thanks to an outstanding voice.
----------

Runner's Up bracket 2B:

Coin toss.
----------

Gritty hard-boiled detective.. with a gun for a head! I can't get over it.
----------

I still stand by Takamura being the most badass character in that franchise. Rory is really fun, but I feel it took her a while to get that way, and I don't even think she's the coolest character in that series. I actually find Itami cooler because he's just a regular guy and achieved so much in so little time. Takamura, though, epitomizes sports machismo. I'm just sad so few people know the franchise. It's really fcucking good.
----------

Ains is much more versatile, and he's the pretty much the boss of his own world.
----------

Age over youth. I also need to see a little more from Tomioka.
----------

----------

Another age-over-youth scenario. I also feel Kakashi is much wiser.
----------

I feel like all three are one-off characters that are just a result of their stories. Io doesn't strike me as the typical idealist main protagonist of a Gundam series, he just happens to be there in the war. Jean is just there to take some of the pressure off Yū. And Broly is, yet, another super-powerful antagonist for Goku and gang to have to deal with.

Given that they're all pretty minuscule in terms of depth, I feel Broly, at least, gives off the best physicality to match his role. I definitely get some kind of badass aura from him, as opposed to the others.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:21 am Reply with quote
I will have the new brackets up tonight. I am leaving now to go test drive cars, which is stressful enough normally without a pandemic and having to schedule the appointments. So trying to get to multiple dealerships in 1 day is a bigger headache than normal.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Car shopping. Fun! I'd love to hear what you eventually wind up with!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Right now a massive migraine lol. Going to multiple dealerships and testing multiple cars all in one day is perhaps not the best idea. The problem is now most do it by appointments to limit people there at once. Makes sense. It also meant piling on more in 1 day instead of doing it over multiple days. This shit gives me anxiety. Narrowed it down to probably either a Mazda CX-5 Touring model, or Subaru Forester Limited model. Maybe a Subaru Crosstrek. Leaning towards the CX-5 honestly. I have a Ford Edge now and we want something similar, though a bit smaller/more fuel efficient, for weekend trips we used to take. God knows when it will happen again, but someday. Plus as a vet tech and helping with house calls, or just dog sitting for friends, the smaller SUV is helpful. Crossed off the list the Toyota Rav-4, Hyundai Tucson, Buick Encore, Nissan Rogue, and Ford Escape. Would consider another Edge possibly, but not likely. The other problem is we're house hunting too and on a time crunch for various reasons. So we need this done with even quicker to know where our finances are at with monthly payments etc.

Anyways, onto what people really care about lol. I'll edit this post with the results from this last bracket in a bit. Want to post the new bracket first.

Results:

Round 3 Bracket A:

A2 Balalaika (Black Lagoon) 7 vs. A30 Satoru Gojo (Jujutsu Kaisen) 0

A3 "D" (Vampire Hunter D) 7 vs. A20 Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tale) 0

A7 Guts (Berserk) 4 vs. A19 Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka) 3

A8 Lancer (Fate Franchise) 0 vs. A9 Alita (Battle Angel Alita) 0 vs. A11 Alucard (Hellsing) 7

Runner's Up bracket 2B:

B34 Keiko (Doomed Megalopolis) 3 vs. A26 Moutoku Sousou (Ikki Tousen) 4

A5 Riza Hawkeye (Full metal Alchemist) 3 vs. C34 Juzo Inui (No Guns Life) 4

C23 Mamoru Takamura (Hajime no Ippo) 4 vs. D15 Rory Mercury (Gate) 3

B22 Byakuya Kikuchi (Bleach) 1 vs. A24 Ains Ooal Gown (Overlord) 6

A23 Bang (One Punch Man) 6 vs. C13 Giyu Tomioka (Demon Slayer) 1

C20 Nancy Makuhari (Miss Deep) 1 (Read or Die) vs. D26 Shizuo Heiwajima (Durararara) 6

D30 Shinya Kougami (Psycho Pass) 1 vs. C19 Kakashi Hatake (Naruto) 6

D29 Io Fleming (Gundamn Thunderbolt) 1 vs. B25 Jean Jacquemonde (Spriggan) 4 vs. A10 Broly (Dragonball franchise) 2

Mini-Game scores: (Totals updated on page 1)

Calathan - 12
Beltane70 - 12
Tony K - 9
Psycho 101 - 9
Sentire - 9
Hikari14 - 0

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Here are the new brackets. I think at this point most people are finding it harder to vote sooner, so I'm switching the start time for brackets moving forward until Monday. That way people have the entire weekend to finish things up if they haven't done it already.

Round 3 Bracket B:

B1 Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan) vs. B24 Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)

B3 Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) vs. B17 Father Anderson (Hellsing)

B4 Revy (Black Lagoon) vs. B5 Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

B10 Vegeta (Dragonball franchise) vs. B9 Hiko Seijuro (Kenshin)

Runner's Up Bracket 1C:

A31 Busujima (Psycho Driver) vs. C29 Rally Vincent (Gunsmith Cats)

D7 Gennousuke Kouga (Basalisk) vs. A17 Reiner Braun (Attack on Titan)

B32 Brandon Heat / Beyond the Grave (Gungrave) vs. B18 Leone (Akame ga Kill)

A22 Isaac Netero (Hunter x Hunter) vs. B14 Shinobu Kocho (Demon Slayer)

D2 Jiraiya (Naruto) vs. B8 Archer(Emiya) (Fate franchise)

B29 Gon Freaks (Hunter X Hunter) vs. C11 Lind (Oh My Goddess)
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:03 am Reply with quote
Here are my votes for this round:

Round 3 Bracket B:

While Motoko is certainly a badass, Levi strikes me as the more badass character. He goes up against beings that are physically far more powerful than him without being fazed.

I still find Father Anderson to be more of a caricature of a badass that an actual badass. Rather than acting confident, he comes off as just nuts. Spike on the other hand has the sort of confident attitude I associate with a badass.

Roy can by badass at times, but not always. Revy on the other hand always has a badass attitude and generally has the skills to back it up.

While Seijuro is a badass when he chooses to get involved, he spends too much of the series not involved in the conflicts for me to vote for him here. Vegeta also has a supremely badass attitude, even when he is outclassed by other fighters.

Runner's Up Bracket 1C:

Rally Vincent doesn't really strike me as that badass. She's skilled, but she isn't the kind of person who strikes fear into her foes. I don't really remember Psycho Driver well, but Busujima seems like the more badass character in my mind.

I've not watched Basilisk, and Reiner at least has badass powers, so he gets my vote.

Brandon just strikes me as the more badass character. He's the one I would be more afraid of if he was my enemy.

I'm still only watched an episode or two of Demon Slayer, and I find Netero quite badass, so he gets my vote.

I still don't really get Archer's motivation, which makes it unclear to me if I can really call him a badass. So Jiraiya gets my vote.

Gon doesn't act like a badass all the time, but I think he is the more impressive character when he really gets serious.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:03 am Reply with quote
Round 3 Bracket B:

B1 Levi Ackerman (Attack on Titan) vs. B24 Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell) - I love the major, but in terms of being a badass Levi simply has her beat hands down. He also has that badass demeanor going more often than the major does.

B3 Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) vs. B17 Father Anderson (Hellsing) - To be able to go toe to toe with Alucard shows just how much of a badass Anderson is. He also just walks around with nearly as much swagger as Alucard. Using the nails from the actual cross on himself knowing it would kill him after? Badass.

B4 Revy (Black Lagoon) vs. B5 Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist) - Sorry Roy but you just are coming up short against 2 hands herself. I feel pretty much anything you can say about Roy you can say about Revy when defining what makes them badass. Except she does it just a bit more than he does. She also looks the part more than he does, which is just icing on the badass cake.

B10 Vegeta (Dragonball franchise) vs. B9 Hiko Seijuro (Kenshin) - The Prince of all saiyans is also the prince of badasses. Between the snark, the swagger, the confidance, and just the aura he gives off Vegeta is the epitome of the shonen badass. Plus as I mentioned before as the show goes on the bravado and cockiness parts of his personality start to lessen, and he becomes even more powerful and simply sure of himself. Which honestly makes him even more badass. Like how he handled Freiza in Resurrection F.

Runner's Up Bracket 1C:

A31 Busujima (Psycho Driver) vs. C29 Rally Vincent (Gunsmith Cats) - Rally just does it better being a badass.

D7 Gennousuke Kouga (Basalisk) vs. A17 Reiner Braun (Attack on Titan) - His skills as a fighter with those powerful eyes of his, along with his overall aura and attitude, put Gennousuke over the top for me in this one.

B32 Brandon Heat / Beyond the Grave (Gungrave) vs. B18 Leone (Akame ga Kill) - As cool as Heat is Leone is just a pure unadultured fist to your face badass.

B29 Gon Freaks (Hunter X Hunter) vs. C11 Lind (Oh My Goddess) - Gon barely has any badass moments. Sure when he does they're great, but they're few and far between. Lind has them far more often and the fact she goes toe to toe with the Queen of the Demons (Hild) and carries 2 angels inside of her makes her a lot more badass in my book.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Round 3 Bracket B:

The Major is arguably one of the most bad-ass women in the medium: she's smart, resourceful, can fight, and even a little philosophical. However, AoT is essentially a perpetual war show that never stops moving. And for Levi to consistently maintain his demeanor, I feel, gives him the slight edge in terms of aura.
----------

Both franchises are very stylish, but I give Spike the edge for his personality, charisma, and charm. Anderson is over-the-top (and bless Norio Wakamoto for that voice!), but I honestly feel Bebop is a tad more stylish, overall. Plus, I think Spike's mysterious mafia background makes him seem a little cooler with a certain mystique over the religious, fanatical, genetically-engineered super-soldier.
----------

Similar to my argument for Levi vs. Kusanagi, BL is another one of those "perpetual scenarios" that never stops. Revy's world is cold, cruel, and heartless, so she essentially never turns of her aggression motor. Mustang, though, while very, very fierce in his serious moments, has to turn that on, whereas Revy's can't really be turned off because of her circumstances. So she definitely has the advantage, there.
----------

While a total badass in his own right, Hiko is debilitated by his role as a side character. Otherwise, the franchise would be about him, instead of Kenshin. And because of that, there's not story ammo to argue his merits. Personally, I think he's a more badass character, but Vegeta does so much more for his respective franchise, and honestly, gets to do more in general, but them's the breaks with writing.
----------

Runner's Up Bracket 1C:

----------

Gennousuke is so over-powered, they literally handicapped him by making him blind, so he couldn't use his power. Ironically, both franchises have tons of characters and are driven more so by their stories. But even after being blind for a good 85% of the series, I think Gennousuke shows more grit and resolve than Reiner (the attempted suicide is what did him in, for me).
----------

As cool as Leone is, I think the overall presence of Night Raid introduces too many characters, and thus, diminishes her value, a little. Thinking about BtG and Gungrave, overall, though, I feel Brandon/BtG is a very interesting character dichotomy. As Brandon he's nothing but loyal to his best friend, Harry. spoiler[ And even after Harry kills hims, and he's resurrected as BtG and has a chance to exact his revenge on Harry, his loyalty and respect for their friendship still won't let him do it. That kind of restraint says a lot about the strength of his character, to me. And I totally respect that.]
----------

Age and experience over youth.
----------

Same argument as above.
----------

Main character vs. side character, so I'll go with the bigger main.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 21