• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AnimeLog Launches Global YouTube Channel With Ahare Meisaku-kun, 'Hello, Anne,' More Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:12 pm Reply with quote
While they do add full series I was looking at the Japanese region locked playlists and it does look like they will set videos to private after a while and I was afraid of something like that, but who knows maybe it will be different for the English channel since there are no legal means to purchase Physically or Digitally unlike in Japan.

The shows that are region locked are WMT shows so that means we will be getting them eventually and Leo is a Musashi Production anime so hopefully some Astro Boy,Dororo, and Ashita no Joe will come on the channel too.

So it looks like Nippon Animation series and Musashi Production series will be added on here first and there are a couple of small studios like Crocodile with the Golden Eggs series and Pie in the Sky for Aware Meisaku-kun. So it looks like we will be having a decent variety of shows to watch. Wonder when Toei will start putting their classics up?
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Looks like they just uploaded a Spanish dub of Hungry Hear WILD STRIKER separately. So this means dubs will be separate, so subs are likely to stay in one place.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:03 pm Reply with quote
It looks like AnimeLog is going to upload an episode of each series a day, as I just noticed that Before Green Gables episode 2, along with other episode 2s, have just been uploaded. I do like this indeed.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:06 pm Reply with quote
TemplateR wrote:
The crappy YouTube-Softsubs... I mean I would like to watch some shows/series even with Eng-Subs. BUT not the YouTube-Sub-Quality, because it looks crap and cheap.

I don't necessarily disapprove of the YouTube closed-captioning option, but I agree, their English subs do need better quality control.
retroshojo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:11 pm Reply with quote
It would be interesting to see Heidi of the Alps or the Adventures of Peter Pan on the channel. It always excites me when older shows get attention.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Post removed. Please keep the discussion on topic and leave out the political jabs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2