• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo to Draw Burn the Witch 'Season 2' Sequel Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazziyan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:53 am Reply with quote
Serinox wrote:
BlueBeast33 wrote:
Serinox wrote:
JeffreySweeney wrote:
I thought Kubo had said that writing and drawing Bleach was literally killing him with illness at the time, and that's why it had such a rushed and awful conclusion? I guess he finally got over whatever was ailing him years later.

Nope, Kubo has stated in a radio interview that he worked through his health problems to reach the Bleach ending that he had envisioned and was satisfied with. And he accomplished that, according to himself.

I'm pretty sure Kubo was only referring to the last 2 chapters which take place after the events of the 1000 year blood war.

Kubo had health problems (severed shoulder tendons) for months before that, and he said in that interview that there were times where he thought about ending the series prematurely, but in the end, he said he pushed through his health issues to reach an ending he was satisfied with.

Unless, of course, you assume that Kubo lied for some reason.

Kubo wasn't ever lying, you are just misinterpreting what he meant. He only ever specifically referred to the final chapter rather than the arc itself. He has however talked about all the plans he wanted to go through with and foreshadowing he was supposed to pick up.
Honeyman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:14 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear this is being continued. The break between vol.1 and this will be good for Kubo rather than the weekly schedule he was working to before. Hopefully it means the quality remains high and we get more of the great world building and character/creature design that Kubo is known for.

I'm just happy he's still illustrating and wasn't totally turned off from the idea after the 15-year stint with Jump.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:23 am Reply with quote
Now that I think about it. I wonder if there is a magazine with seasonal publishing format. So like TVs, they've got titles for a season, then those titles will be replaced by other titles until their season ends, then the previous titles will come back with the new season, and so on with the cycles.

It seems like a more forgiving schedule for the mangaka.

Even so, I'm not sure about Burn the Witch's concept of season. I wonder if there will be a break time before the 2nd season begins its serialization, or it will just come out the following week when the first season ends, and it's just called 2nd season as in 2nd arc.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:03 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
Now that I think about it. I wonder if there is a magazine with seasonal publishing format. So like TVs, they've got titles for a season, then those titles will be replaced by other titles until their season ends, then the previous titles will come back with the new season, and so on with the cycles.

It seems like a more forgiving schedule for the mangaka.

Even so, I'm not sure about Burn the Witch's concept of season. I wonder if there will be a break time before the 2nd season begins its serialization, or it will just come out the following week when the first season ends, and it's just called 2nd season as in 2nd arc.

You know, I was actually wondering the same thing. I think Jump's editorial is experimenting on something here. Maybe doing projects more like American comics with years of planning ahead?

IMO that would solve the long hiatus problem with series like HxH.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:38 pm Reply with quote
There's a lot of room for interpretation for what "Season 2" entails. There's the Togashi route where we won't see this another year, or perhaps the Boruto route where he just publishes this monthly. I imagine he has the freedom to do whatever he wants, but I hope it's not HunterxHunter's "one volume's worh of content a year" schedule.

If this was the plan all along, I probably would have preferred a longer serialization with a set ending in mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2