• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gurren Lagann Streamed with English Subtitles for Free

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruro niko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Okay, I came across a wierd bug. For some reason, after the second ad shows up (after the first eyecatcher), for some reason it goes back to the main menu. When I go to click back on the episode, it loads another ad and plays from the beginning. I've tried to skip past the eyecatcher, but that isn't working, since it'll play the ad as well as the episode's sound. Then the process repeats again.

This is happening on both IE7 and FireFox2.0.

Same here. Only tried Firefox though, but mine's up to date.

tempest wrote:
I've reported this problem to ADV Films...

You can use the slider to jump to the second part of the show...

Did that and it threw the subtitles off a lot, even more than the minor split second they were off by somewhat. I'm using Comcast Digital Cable too, so it's not like it's a really bad connection.

All in all, I love the concept, and I look forward to seeing if they put up recently-licensed titles even sooner, possibly within weeks of them actually obtaining the license. I think this is a very good step, as long as I can actually finish an episode.

Also, love the new ANN theme.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
I've reported this problem to ADV Films...

You can use the slider to jump to the second part of the show...

when i tried that it stuck me in another add and then the browser crashed........... (i wuv session saver)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know when the Region 1 dvd comes out, will it be dubbed in English or will there just be subtitles?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:55 pm Reply with quote
FanFicGuru wrote:
Awesome! Great job on this...it's an awesome first step.

I could definitely see myself paying for a subscription to a service like this one.

But there's no reason to pay for it. The idea is that you watch the show for free online and pay for the DVD release.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Elfen Noir wrote:
Does anyone know when the Region 1 dvd comes out, will it be dubbed in English or will there just be subtitles?

release#10591
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
FanFicGuru wrote:
Awesome! Great job on this...it's an awesome first step.

I could definitely see myself paying for a subscription to a service like this one.

But there's no reason to pay for it. The idea is that you watch the show for free online and pay for the DVD release.

Dude, if people say they'd pay a subscription fee for a service like this, that's fine. Why are you so against the notion of someone being willing to pay for content like this? It's so refreshing to hear anime fans actually say "I'd pay for this content!".
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
Elfen Noir wrote:

release#10591

Haha. YAY! It comes out just after my birthday! Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!!! Very Happy
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Okay, I came across a wierd bug. For some reason, after the second ad shows up (after the first eyecatcher), for some reason it goes back to the main menu. When I go to click back on the episode, it loads another ad and plays from the beginning. I've tried to skip past the eyecatcher, but that isn't working, since it'll play the ad as well as the episode's sound. Then the process repeats again.

This is happening on both IE7 and FireFox2.0.

I actually thought I had a problem but when I hit play it starts at the second half not the beginning and plays fine.

Anyways I think this is awesome ADV is doing this. Although I already saw the show and I am already planning on buying the DVDs it's nice to see ADV promoting the series. I hope this helps with sales.

Edit: Although the subtitles are not matching up with the dialog in the second half. I think there are a few bugs that need to be fixed.

Last edited by Maidenoftheredhand on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
thanks, but forgive my ignorance ... does anyone know if the Region 1 dvds will be dubbed in English or will they be in English subtitles like this free streaming?
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Alright!

Count me in. >_>

Good thing I didn't download the fansubs or whatever.
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Elfen Noir wrote:
thanks, but forgive my ignorance ... does anyone know if the Region 1 dvds will be dubbed in English or will they be in English subtitles like this free streaming?
Most likely the DVD will have both dubs and subtitles.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Elfen Noir wrote:

They will have both a Dub and Sub.
Elfen Noir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quote
kurotsuki wrote:
Elfen Noir wrote:
Most likely the DVD will have both dubs and subtitles.

oh, good, thank you! now I can get excited about it, with no English dub then it does me no good, and I had already preordered it just assuming, so that's great! Smile
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Ick, my computer's not the most powerful on the block so I haven't been able to get the streaming to work well...not sure if it's just a raw power issue or if I'm missing a plug-in or something...

That being said, this is an awesome, awesome idea. What a great way to give people a chance to preview a series and decide if they want to buy it or not! I hope this works out well for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
missing_soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Let me find words... Smile

It's obvious ANN tries to do something. As I predicted I'm shut out with the rest of the world but that's business.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9