• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yo-kai Watch Character's Groin Target in Latest BPO Complaint

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Probably should have thought of a different object to associate with this guy.
NefCanuck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I hope the BPO also filed a complaint when Izuku Midoriya got punched in the junk during that episode of Boku No Hero Acedamia, otherwise this seems a tad silly.

NefCanuck
Ethe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:36 pm Reply with quote
NefCanuck wrote:
I hope the BPO also filed a complaint when Izuku Midoriya got punched in the junk during that episode of Boku No Hero Acedamia, otherwise this seems a tad silly.

There was nothing sexual in nature about that, not to mention that My Hero Academia's main target audience isn't exactly kids.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:52 pm Reply with quote
The level of sexual frustration from the complainants is laughably high. It's pretty creative in design though.
#sukkar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Ethe wrote:
NefCanuck wrote:

There was nothing sexual in nature about that, not to mention that My Hero Academia's main target audience isn't exactly kids.

It airs at 5:30 PM on a weekday, it kind of is targeted at kids.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I really wish news outlets would stop giving publicity to idiots like this and the PTC (are they still a thing?). All it does is legitimize them. If they're summarily ignored, they'll never get the self-serving attention they crave.
Marimo0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:10 pm Reply with quote
#sukkar wrote:
Ethe wrote:
NefCanuck wrote:

It airs at 5:30 PM on a weekday, it kind of is targeted at kids.

Guy getting hit in the balls kinds of jokes seem a lot more common and more acceptable. Plus it's not like you see something shaped like Midoriya's junk onscreen. For the Yokai character, not only is his spout-penis blatantly there, but the episode apparently also included a joke about him squirting water out of it at an enemy like he was peeing.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Ethe wrote:
NefCanuck wrote:

Except........it IS for kids, albeit My Hero Academia is Shounen.
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:15 am Reply with quote
1.i don’t even really blame them tbh there’s subtlety and then there’s crossing the line this is ridiculous even for Japanese standards the show is supposed to be aimed at kids u sick fucks lol

2.MHA isn’t really an excuse like the last person said it wasn’t really sexual and the series mostly aims at teenagers and manchildren so no get a better excuse u sickos
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:40 am Reply with quote
Ethe wrote:
NefCanuck wrote:

But it is though....o.o The genre of it IS shounen. Aka which is aimed at teens and lower.
Remember: shounen is for those between 10 - 17, seinen is for those at young adult men.

It's really.... ironic(???) in the West that most young adults adore shounen yet teens go after more josei/seinen. I only say that because so many high school and middle schoolers were after tokyo ghoul when it's basically aimed for those that above the adult age. I mean, I could be wrong but that's just what I think.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:12 am Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
Ethe wrote:
NefCanuck wrote:

But it is though....o.o The genre of it IS shounen. Aka which is aimed at teens and lower.
Remember: shounen is for those between 10 - 17, seinen is for those at young adult men.

It's really.... ironic(???) in the West that most young adults adore shounen yet teens go after more josei/seinen. I only say that because so many high school and middle schoolers were after tokyo ghoul when it's basically aimed for those that above the adult age. I mean, I could be wrong but that's just what I think.

Something to add, too. My Hero Academia not only airs next to Detective Conan, a show that a LOT of little kids watch, YTV has been pretty clear that the series is targeted to kids in some of their comments. In fact, anything you see airing during the day, is almost always targeted towards an all ages audience, with the occasional late night anime as well (due to just not having a slot available).
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quote
This entire article is hilarious from the headline down, but given that it's the Yokai Watch anime, I'm not even a little bit surprised. It's astounding what the dub has gotten away with not censoring, let alone the original.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
The dub airs on Disney Anime hyper....NO WAY are they gonna let them get away with that character getup. xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1