• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime of Summer 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:43 am Reply with quote
By far my most anticipated series are Banana Fish and Sirius. Also, I have really high hopes for Aguu (specially after the wonderfully creepy and unique PV that we had last week). I really hope it gets picked for streaming soon as the lack of hype is getting is making me somewhat nervous it may not even get subbed... Confused
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:59 am Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
However, I've been anticipating the spoiler[Okinawa trip] since the OVA that directly leads into the movie's storyline which was released way back in 2014, so what's another year, really?

spoiler[I'm still wondering how they're going to bulk up what is really only four manga chapters, two of which involve arriving or leaving Okinawa, into movie-length. I presume there will be significant filler.]

In the latest PV, spoiler[it's implied that the department store visit that precedes the OVA might be adapted. Also, there's apparently a new girl voiced by (native Okinawan) Shino Shimoji, so I expect there will be some anime original content too.]
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:45 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I've been wanting to see High Score Girl since the anime was first announced and suffered from a long delay due to all the legal troubles. I also love the art style.

I'm looking forward to Hi Score Girl because I really enjoyed Pupipo!
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Biggest one for me is obviously AoT season 3!
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Mine should be pretty clear, I've only been singing the virtues of Banana Fish's manga for.... at least a decade I guess? I am a bit concerned about how it'll move into the 21st Century (basic GPS tracking on cell phones would out Ash so many times!) but I am so very dearly looking forward to Ash & Eiji's adorable relationship! I also appreciate that, in the manga at least, their relationship was pretty well asexual, and I personally can't think of any gay-ace relationships anywhere else.

And second is Planet With, because Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Spirit Circle are both excellent manga! Shame Lucifer is out of print now, but jump on Spirit Circle while it's still coming out, people!
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:11 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:

In the latest PV, spoiler[it's implied that the department store visit that precedes the OVA might be adapted. Also, there's apparently a new girl voiced by (native Okinawan) Shino Shimoji, so I expect there will be some anime original content too.]

Eh, so I guess Silverlink is re-adapting material they already adapted in the OVA, although the OVA did skip over spoiler[the department store trip], so it would seem they're keeping it closer to the manga this time.

spoiler[The department trip sequence would be worth it just to see Kazuho's elevator confusion alone, as though she hadn't gone to university in Tokyo where there are many elevators. Plus Renge riding a "panda".]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Toonces

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:09 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated anime for Summer is Overlord III. The second season exceeded my expectations, and I got majorly sucked in last time. There's a lot going on which I'm looking forward to seeing play out more. Similarly to Theron, I am planning on marathoning the second season before the new season. I'll watch the dub this time.

My runner-up is Banana Fish. I've heard nothing but great things for it, and it's something I've been meaning to read for a while anyway.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:04 am Reply with quote
If I had at least $375K in the bank, I would pay until I had $15,000 in the bank so that CR, Sentai Filmworks, Funi, or Amazon Prime could simulcast "Sirius the Jeager"
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:42 pm Reply with quote
My pics for Summer 2018

Most anticipated: Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
Isekai, Demon Lord, Cat Girl, Elf and fan-service. What else is better than this to have a great Summer.

Runner-up:Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san All kinds of cute girls fight for the MC love. Chose your ship and embark in this funny episodic and full of fan-service anime. If you like To LOVE-Ru Darkness, you gonna love this one.

Also i should mention Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria A Light Novel battle harem that looks fun to watch.
Cait

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm most looking forward to Banana Fish, but I've already made room in my queue for Free! and AoT, as well as continuing MHA and Boruto from this season. Hopefully I can also get a couple comedies mixed in there once the preview guide goes live. I like to have a decent balance of genres each season.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:30 am Reply with quote
Unlike last season, when just about everything looked worth checking out, this Summer season is looking pretty lean to me. The only new shows I know I'll be trying are Planet With, High Score Girl, Back Street Girls, and Chio's School Road, with Overlord s3 & Attack on Titan s3 as probables once I catch up on their last seasons. Beyond that, everything else sounds, at best, "meh".

I'm guessing I'll be spending more time catching up on old shows than watching new ones this summer.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh look, Gabri is back. Hoping she grabs something to review this season thats not FLCL, cz i aint watchin that.
Also, looking forward to the so controversial Shingeki arc. Personally i loved it, so im rlly curious to see how it will be adapted, considering theres already some changes on the anime compared to the manga (which i support)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2