• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Paralympics Unveil Kid-Chosen Mascots

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon Wamsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:13 pm Reply with quote
2000 Olympics were held in Sydney, Australia.
2004 Olympics were held in Athens, Greece.
2008 Olympics were held in Beijing, China.
2012 Olympics were held in London, United Kingdom.
2016 Olympics were held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

We still used OS X El Capitan, iOS 9, and watchOS 2 during the 2016 Olympics. We were thinking of developing Date A Live's continuation for later in 2016.

Date A Live II fought Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation will fight Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 was announced in January, and will premiere in July. Maybe in 2019 will Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 develop the skills to fight Star Wars: Episode IX.

多分、人類史上こんなに悪いことをした奴はいねぇよ、消さなきゃ、吐き気がしてくんだよ!このでけぇ害虫が。俺が今から駆除してやる!
Brandon Wamsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Compelled to Reply wrote:
As I expected, children picked the mascots that looks like they're from a cookie cutter children's TV anime, and likely with no regard to the lame rationale of inspiration as a "mix of traditional and futuristic design elements." The middle ones aesthetically look the best, especially the Maneki Neko, and represent both the traditional and modern kawaii culture of Japan beautifully. I bet they could've won if it was up to the general public.

The whole preparation for the 2020 Summer Olympics has been a disaster. The national stadium's architecture was changed from a magnificent piece of art worthy to stand next to 1964's Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, to what looked like a giant bicycle helmet or animal skull, and finally boorish and drab ramshackle of a donut. Roads already earmarked for construction decades back can't be constructed on time because of the relocation delay of Tsukiji fish market. Also, the former logo was scrapped because of its coincidental resemblance to something else whose creator threatened to sue. Looking on the bright side, London's preparation was far worse, and don't even talk about Rio. I also suppose it will instill pride in the Japanese people for the years afterwards, while London has been nothing but misery with all the events since 2012.

WHOA! I JUST HEARD KURUMI TOKISAKI'S VOICE ACTRESS, ASAMI SANADA! IT'S ONLY BEEN ALMOST FOUR FRICKIN' YEARS SINCE DATE A LIVE II!

Date A Live II's Blu-Ray and DVD sets shipped:

June 27, 2014
    July 25, 2014
    August 29, 2014
    September 26, 2014
    October 31, 2014

Funimation didn't release the second season on home video until March 2016.
Brandon Wamsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:18 pm Reply with quote
デートして、デレさせること?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2