• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts III Game's Trailers Confirm 'Monsters, Inc.' World, Hikaru Utada Theme Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Think it's NOT gonna be dubbed in English, instead, it will be in Japanese voices only. Right?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:13 pm Reply with quote
michaeltanzer wrote:
Think it's NOT gonna be dubbed in English, instead, it will be in Japanese voices only. Right?

I hope you're not being serious.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote
The theme song if it is the opening theme song is so disappointing. It's pacing feels all wrong for the start of a game. It doesn't get your hyped to play or in the mood, it feels like the first song in the ending credits. Very disappointed if it is the opening theme.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm Reply with quote
switchgear1131 wrote:
The theme song if it is the opening theme song is so disappointing. It's pacing feels all wrong for the start of a game. It doesn't get your hyped to play or in the mood, it feels like the first song in the ending credits. Very disappointed if it is the opening theme.

I'm guessing that it's the ending. The first two games both had upbeat versions of their theme as the opening, and a slower ballad as the ending.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Inu-Yasha wrote:
"
Finally, Square Enix said it will announce a release date for Kingdom Hearts III at E3 2018.
Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/02/kingdom-hearts-iii-d23-expo-japan-2018-hikaru-utada-theme-song-trailers#VTT6Ko4b0oFUyXJ5.99 "

E3 2018 is from Tuesday June 12 to Thursday June 14.

To note, this information has only come from Twitter accounts from people who have said they were at the event. ANN was unfortunately unable to attend this panel at D23 this year (we have been to this panel in the past though), and we couldn't confirm this information with any official sources. That's why we didn't put this information into our article.
Puniyo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
This is pretty much the Duke Nukem Forever of RPG’s at this point.

We should probably just accept at this point that Squeenix takes 10 years to make a game.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Puniyo wrote:
We should probably just accept at this point that Squeenix takes 10 years to make a game.

6 years. 3D came out in 2012, and is a main game, required for playing KH3.
Puniyo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Puniyo wrote:

6 years. 3D came out in 2012, and is a main game, required for playing KH3.

I was making a joke on how long FF15 took and how long their dev cycle has been lately, but yeah, there's been a lot of KH games.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
switchgear1131 wrote:

I'm guessing that it's the ending. The first two games both had upbeat versions of their theme as the opening, and a slower ballad as the ending.

Most likely. But even if that is the ending arrangement of the song, this song feels oddly depressing. Like, it honestly reminds me more of Utada's theme to Evangelion 3.33 than her previous contributions to Kingdom Hearts...
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Lord Starfish wrote:
Dessa wrote:
switchgear1131 wrote:

Most likely. But even if that is the ending arrangement of the song, this song feels oddly depressing. Like, it honestly reminds me more of Utada's theme to Evangelion 3.33 than her previous contributions to Kingdom Hearts...

Honestly, I love the new theme song. Those kind of songs always hit me in the feels. If you go watch and listen to KH2's ending, it literally sounds the same. Slow and calm at first and then later it gets fast and upbeat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2