• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English Bungo Stray Dogs Dub's Additional Cast Members Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:20 am Reply with quote
I can almost guarantee that this will be on Toonami, either this or Kabaneri but im leaning towards this.
Rhys2753

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:34 am Reply with quote
This dub sounds really freakin good just from this cast. So glad I picked this up when Best Buy had that pricing fiasco for Funimation's March slate.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am Reply with quote
I had a feeling I would see Vic Mignogna and Spike Spencer, given the type of charterers in this show. Only difference is I would of thought their characters would be the other way around, this looks like a Vic Mignogna character
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/bungostraydogs/images/d/da/Junichirou_Tanizaki_full.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150930040315
BTW, is this being done at Bang Zoom! or Studiopolis?
macattack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:43 am Reply with quote
It looks like this is one of the shows that got underway before CR's deal with FUNimation went into effect; Vic moved back to Texas a few months ago so this dub has been gestating for a while.

It could be any studio in LA honestly but if I were to guess its a Bang Zoom deal.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am Reply with quote
macattack wrote:
It looks like this is one of the shows that got underway before CR's deal with FUNimation went into effect; Vic moved back to Texas a few months ago so this dub has been gestating for a while.

It could be any studio in LA honestly but if I were to guess its a Bang Zoom deal.
Oh so is that why he was in Utawarerumono: The False Faces.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:26 am Reply with quote
Hell freaking yes.

This show is getting an all-star cast, love it.

FlyGuySempai wrote:
I can almost guarantee that this will be on Toonami, either this or Kabaneri but im leaning towards this.

That would be awesome. I loved this show and can't wait to re-watch with this dub. I could see either or both of them on the block.

macattack wrote:
Vic moved back to Texas a few months ago so this dub has been gestating for a while.

Oh interesting, didn't know he moved back. Was really glad we were still able to hear a pretty good amount of him in Funi dubs starting a little after he left, like as Silver Mask for Arslan, etc.
That also reminds me, before I get overloaded with all the new shows (and other things I'm continuing like Vanishing Line and Magus Bride), I still need to finish watching the last few eps of Juni Taisen, the show was surprisingly good and he's done an excellent job working on the dub and casting for that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1