• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fate/Grand Order VR Voyeurs Find a Way to Spy on Mash Kyrielight

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Do some VR games have to go to the lewd direction? I don’t meant that as a complaint, but rather curious of that trend.

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Does some VR game has to go to the lewd direction? I don’t meant that as a complaint, but rather curious of that trend.

That everything which is by mankind created shall sooner or later be used for titillation is but a law of the universe. Such is the way of the world.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
The future of Type-MOON.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:04 pm Reply with quote
God bless you men of culture. Now if only that were Artoria Lancer Alter, Scathach, and Tamamo no Mae
GriffithDidNothingWrong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote
"Nope, I'm not endorsing it. But I'm still gonna show a gif of the whole thing happening and tell people that it's possible to do it, because we gotta make money!"
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:48 pm Reply with quote
It could be argued that the creators wouldn't have taken the time to make a fully rendered and animated version of the character and individual clothing articles (to take off) if no one was meant to see it.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:22 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
It could be argued that the creators wouldn't have taken the time to make a fully rendered and animated version of the character and individual clothing articles (to take off) if no one was meant to see it.

I don't work 3d models and animation i've just played with it a bit but from what I've gathered in my limited experience is that it's simpler to do it the way they did. To not have a half-clothed mash behind the partition would require you to insert some sort of still image that changes depending on the angle that you view it at meaning there'd be a whole bunch of images to be drawn.
Or you could just make it the way they did and lock the controls. You could argue that the devs didn't make it hard enough for them to 'hack' but it's not their fault otherwise.
Nonetheless damn those bastards spying on canon mash go back to your doujins and leave the real one unsullied Laughing
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:29 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

Well you'd think so... but the state of motion capture and real time physics rendering today makes it easy-peasy to just do the whole thing and let the clothes fall where they lie.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
The future of Type-MOON.

You mean the past. Type-Moon started out doing Eroge games, Fate/Stay Night itself having multiple sex scenes.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Do some VR games have to go to the lewd direction? I don’t meant that as a complaint, but rather curious of that trend.

It was always heading towards that,font you ever think for a second that nobody was wondering if this was possible. Laughing
FlamingMangos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Where can I find the original video footage?
shelwyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:56 am Reply with quote
Fantastic a job well done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1