• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds New Sword Art Online, WorldEnd, Little Witch Academia, Fruits Basket, Star Wars

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping they were gonna get the SAO alt novels. Anime smallmouth
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:31 pm Reply with quote
All right!!! Anime smile I was so hoping one of the manga publishing companies picked up one of the Little Witch Academia manga! So I see they picked the one that was illustrated by Satou Keisuke, the one that is more similar to the anime. Now if only Yen Press or another manga publishing company picked up the one illustrated by Teri Tonrio. Also, I wonder when is Yen Press planning to release the manga. I know its going to be next year, but I would like to know so I can preorder.

CatSword wrote:
Now we just need a home video license for the anime...

Agreed!

On another note I should get back into Fruits Basket. I didn't know there was a sequel to the story. Also, I was not aware there was a Star Wars manga from Japan, but I am not surprise. I was only familiar with the one from Webtoons (although I have not read it).

Last edited by Aquasakura on Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
On another note I should get back into Fruits Basket. I didn't know there was a sequel to the story.

It's a "next generation" story, ala Boruto or Legend of Korra.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, I see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
amc9988

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Holly! SAO GunGale ANNNNDDD World End?!?! Damn I better find a job soon all these new LN is draining my wallet!!
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know of an easy way to track official English-translated light novels, it's starting to be a tad hard to keep everything in memory on that front...
jimmydip

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I went to AnimeNYC and have to say that Yen Press had the best panel, announcing new licensing, physically showing off Pandora Hearts Collection, giving away a free manga or light novel to every person in attendance. The other company panels just seem like rehash of what we already knew espicially the anime companies.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm Reply with quote
They were giving out free manga?! Cool! Now I wish I was there. I know this is the first AnimeNYC, and it would had been awesome to have been there (even though I don't care for visiting NYC that much).
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:58 pm Reply with quote
They give out free books at Sakura-Con, too. One of the reasons there's such a huge line to get in every year.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I see. I guess if I ever attend one of Yen Press' conferences I need to make sure I arrive early.
jimmydip

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 pm Reply with quote
they need to license high school dxd light novel, it is crazy they haven't yet.
brynhild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Anyone know of an easy way to track official English-translated light novels, it's starting to be a tad hard to keep everything in memory on that front...

www.englishlightnovels.com is a fan-run site that compiles novels licensed for english release, links to pre-order sites(some... like I said, it's fan-run by like 2 people so sometimes it takes a while to get updated), and reviews occasionally.

jimmydip wrote:
they need to license high school dxd light novel, it is crazy they haven't yet.

This is pure speculation, but it's unlikely to happen at this point in time. The japanese label, Fujimi Fantasia, has not licensed out ANY of their novels since the whole Tokyopop collapse. It's a shame, too. They have a lot of titles that fans want released here like High School DxD, Amagi Brilliant Park, Date A Live, Full Metal Panic, SaeKano, Gamers!, etc.

Last edited by brynhild on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:

Another thing is when a LN gets said license and popular fan-translation site Baka Tsuki has to remove the fan trans.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Yen Press need to clarigy which LWA manga they have, since the slide they showed has the artwork from a different artist to the one named.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Yen Press need to clarigy which LWA manga they have, since the slide they showed has the artwork from a different artist to the one named.

Vol. 1 has been solicited with the artist name now Keisuke Sato which matches the other details (their presentation said Terio Teri)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2