• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funniest Anime Scenes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreatTeacherKen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Seto no Hanayome is filled with hilarious scenes worthy of this topic, but I'll narrow it down to one.

Episode 10: spoiler[ The Terminator chase scene. Dead on parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger's movies. And a very memorable character introduction episode for Luna's father]

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu is also loaded with hilarious scenes but I'll narrow it down to one.

the bathhouse episode: spoiler[ Best bathhouse/spa episode I've seen. Kurz Weber and his crew's attempt to peek on the girls is hilariously over the top. I love how it's so overdramatic and war movie like with all of the dropping one by one until the glasses boy is left (can't remember his name, Kazuma?) who proceeds to go berserk on all of Sousuke's traps. ]

spoiler[ And to top it off, for the kid's effort, he ends up getting a faceful of Sousuke's crotch. Laughing ]

Minami-ke is shaping up to be a great comedy so far, hopefully it can sustain itself.

A real comedy gem shows up in episode 4: spoiler[ the Sensei and Ninomiya kun video game. Lots of dead on video game parodies (Super Mario Bros., Gradius, Dragon Quest, Resident Evil, Street Fighter) in this scene. Not to mention the inherent ridiculousness of the sensei/ninomiya kun show itself makes this even funnier. ]

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pityless/Envy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Dokuro-chan was just hilarious. If I had to pick one, it would have to be the one from 5-6 when spoiler[Dokuro is squirting water at Sakura, and smashing the boulders around him.]

Although it made me laugh my head off countless times so it's not fair to choose just one.
riccardo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quote
I loved the scene from an ep of Ghost Stories (the English dub) spoiler[when the Mary Mary doll calls Sakura at school and tells her "I'm at footlocker" ] always cracks me up and I scream it out spoiler[whenever I pass one!] then later spoiler[she tells Sakura she wants to cut off a very vital part of her anatomy!]

And in Slayers Next spoiler[when they all wear the animal costumes, and Zelgadis dosen't want to do it!]
tsukimori.len

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:44 am Reply with quote
hm....some hilarious scenes i always LOVED watching was form..

ONE PIECE
~this show always made my stomach hurt. Especially everitme luffy acts stupid Smile haha Very Happy I love all the scenes where luffy, zoro and sanji are present Wink

OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB
~its not really a scene. more like an episode Smile I loved the episode when tamaki and the gang went to haruhi's house. that was PLAIN HILARIOUS Smile
jigoku_hime

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:54 am Reply with quote
Almost all of the episodes in Ouran High School Host Club had me in fits of laughter. I like Tamaki and the Hitachiin twins because I can't stop laughing from their silly antics. Although in my opinion they were the funniest characters, the rest of the cast delivered hilarious moments as well that are worth watching. My favorite episode would be spoiler[the episode when Tamaki and the rest went to a department store and dragged the sleepy Kyouya along with them only to leave him sleeping on a bench with no money or cellphone. Luckily Haruhi saw him.] That had me laughing really hard (well, almost all episodes had me laughing really hard) Laughing

Another scene in anime that had me laughing was from Honey and Clover. spoiler[I can't control my laughter when Morita won the Mocchademy Awards. He delivered a very hilarious speech]. I love Morita's crazy antics because it made Honey and Clover an amusing anime (in my opinion). I love it whenever he does something funny to Hagu or Takemoto. spoiler[The scene where Morita kissed Hagu was also funny because Morita screamed, it's as if he was shocked by what he did.] Morita is one of the characters that never failed to make me laugh.

Well, that's all I could think of now. Very Happy
.::Lain::.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:52 am Reply with quote
Genshiken is super fun! Madarame always makes me laugh with his over-active imagination... I can't believe a person can be as hardcore as Madarame.

I still laugh up until now everytime I remember the "How to build a Plamo" episode... spoiler[I don't know why but everytime I remember the expression on their faces as Saki took Tanaka's plamo examining it I can't help but giggle because I'm like that everytime my friends checks out my plamos as well...] Laughing

Anyway I aslo remember the funny expressions when spoiler[Madarame relates Kujibiki Unbalance to Kousaka and Saki's affair... I still remember the look on their faces when they learned that Kousaka and Saki were childhood friends...] Laughing

Last edited by .::Lain::. on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Maken Buster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quote
In the first episode of Golden Boy, the scene spoiler[in the washroom where he's was washing the toilet and fantasizing aloud about getting peed on by his boss, who just happens to walk in on him] had me laughing hysterically! Toilet humor, indeed!

Laughing

That series had loads of funny, fairly dirty, moments.
BenDover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Probably at the very end of Canvas 2 (like after the credits) spoiler[when they show Hiroki and Elis ending up together. The even funnier thing was you never saw it coming. They were in bed naked kissing. It was pretty weird considering it was incest.]
Zewerr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I was watching Cowboy Bebop again a few weeks ago with my brother and it got me to remember the scene with the VHS tape where spoiler[Faye runs away because of the COD charge, then later phones back to Bebop trying to figure out where they are. I love how of all the people there to answer, it was Ein that pops up on the monitor with his tongue sticking out and that dumb look on his face, and you see for a split second, Faye is excited that someone answers, then right away finds out it's Ein, and follows with a sigh.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kizzmequik_74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
.::Lain::. wrote:
Genshiken is super fun! Madarame always makes me laugh with his over-active imagination... I can't believe a person can be as hardcore as Madarame.

Trust me, there are a lot of people who are like that. Laughing

Keeping in Genshiken, in the OVA, spoiler[Madarame shopping for clothes really made me laugh... If only because I used to act that way when shopping! Instead of shopping for clothes, he got scared and ran away to the arcades. Plus, when he was informed that the pants are at the second floor, you can sense the despair... Anyone who's been dragged along to shopping expeditions would relate!]

Also, in the currently-airing second season, episodes 5 and 6 were comedy gems. spoiler[Episode 5, with Ogiue's extended yaoi fantasies regarding the entire Genshiken, with bishie-fied character designs, and the remarkably out-of-character touchy-feelyness.] spoiler[Episode 6, on the other hand, with the guys getting their turn to fantasize, this time with Ogiue as a main character in a dating sim!]

I'd also second the Minami-ke spoiler[Sensei and Ninomiya-kun games. I'd understand a game based on a drama, but not in the genres shown: fighting game? survival horror? shmup? ftw!]

Another thing that makes me laugh every time I think about it is the Yakitate! Japan spoiler[Lord of the Rings and Gundam parodies. The Gundam parody, especially... Black Tri-Stars, check. Nobel Gundam from G Gundam, check. Wait, what? Laughing ]

From Lucky Star, spoiler[when Anime Tencho uses the Geass on Konata, ordering her to pick up that "rare, out-of-print DVD", then Konata turns out to be short just a couple of Yen. Really, any of the Anime Tencho gags, as well as the extended parodies (Initial D, Marimite, etc.)are great in that show.]

Of course, Ouran, Honey and Clover (especially the spoiler[Mochademy award and art school Twister gags]), GTO and Fumoffu? (spoiler[the two Tessa episodes]) definitely gets special mention here. Also, bits and pieces from Hayate no Gotoku.
Theorys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
In Tenchi Muyo, when Mihoshi starts to wonder how Ryoko fixed her Galaxy Police watch...and then asks her if she is a jeweler.

In Lucky Star, the episode where they go to see ENOZ perform...Konata falls asleep in class from gaming too much and wakes up saying "Potemkin!" is too funny! (Potemkin is part of Russian history [mutiny of the Russian battleship Potemkin] that's taught in the Japanese curriculum.)

In Strawberry Panic!, the episode where Chiyo Tsukidate (the 1st year girl who acts as Nagisa and Tamao's maid) gets her letter telling her she's assigned to clean Nagisa and Tamao's room. In her excitement, she doesn't hear Miyuki calling her, and when Miyuki does get her attention - Chiyo slams her head on the table from bowing too low (trying to thank Miyuki). That came out of nowhere and I cried laughing so hard.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Theorys wrote:

In Lucky Star, the episode where they go to see ENOZ perform...Konata falls asleep in class from gaming too much and wakes up saying "Potemkin!" is too funny! (Potemkin is part of Russian history [mutiny of the Russian battleship Potemkin] that's taught in the Japanese curriculum.)

There's also a character named 'Potemkin' in the fighting game, Guilty Gear--maybe Konata was up all night playing GG? Anime smile

spoiler[Oh, but the scene where Konata talks about how she met her friend, and it shows her fighting Guile, and using Ryu's moves...lol ]Anime smile
Madhaxorsbaby

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote
The Boondocks when Huey(or was it riely?) said

Quote:
I don't use the term Bitch in a bad way just as a general term for women.

I almost died laughing...
neko-chan04

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Ouran High School Host Club-Each episode is full of hilarious scenes Laughing

Honey and Clover-the scene where Morita won the Mochademy awards is simply hilarious Laughing
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quote
stormcrow22 wrote:
The ones that immediately come to mind are, of course, the scene from FMP! Fumoffu? spoiler[when Sousuke left Kaname's notes at his apartment and she hails down a cab by throwing him into the middle of the street].

adding to that, souske's response when they return to find the taxi gone. spoiler[Kaname asks Souske if he told the cab driver to wait. Souske says something like, "Yes. I waved my gun and stated clearly-" and then Kaname beats him up.] The delivery was great.

Another good one was in Yu Yu Hakusho, when spoiler[ Yusuke is fighting Sensui, who has seven personalities. Yusuke goes, "now it's just you and me, Sensui- or rather, you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and me."] Justin Cook did a good job with that one!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8