• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Re:CREATORS

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote
saedo wrote:
I'm thinking what if Blitz's daughter is Hikayu's new powers. Succubus like abilities to make people see the one they most desire.

That would be awful for Blitz, and I'm kind of rooting for him to get a little bit of happiness, so I'd rather they just found a way to revive his daughter and bring her into the Creator's world.

Sota's too stupid to call for back up, isn't he? Kid should know that even if everyone else is busy, it's important that he not face Magane by himself. Unless they planned it that way, and he wrote powers for *himself* that he could fight her with.

I was surprised it took Altair so long to figure it out. They've had this massive multimedia campaign for months and she didn't figure out their plan until she was locked in their birdcage?! I thought she was smarter than that.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
The conversation between Blitz and Suruga was very well done and the twist with Erina was a surprise. In retrospect it does make sense that Suruga would know exactly why Blitz was helping Altair and what could change that. Also once again Sota gets kidnapped by Magane though she was nice enough to offer him some churros.

Theron Martin wrote:
We'll have to wait until next episode to see how Blitz reacts, but that would seem to be the one move he has no defense against, since Altair destroying this world would destroy Erina too. That also raises the question of how she got there. Did Meteora actually manage to transport her into this world, or does that mean the stadium is also part of the Birdcage?
I don't think the stadium is located in the Birdcage since that would include a lot of people and I think the Birdcage was made to only contain the creations that were transported into it. As for Erina my guess is that she was transported to this world by Hikayu.

saedo wrote:
I'm thinking what if Blitz's daughter is Hikayu's new powers. Succubus like abilities to make people see the one they most desire.
While that would be an effective double twist it would make them look like horrible people and shows don't usually do that to the good guys. They could have simply given Hikayu a power that is similar to Altair. As for how they got Erina I see two ways that could happen. The first possibility is that the Erina that died was a clone, projection, or some other science fiction explanation. The second possibility is that they simply brought Erina out of the story before that event in the manga which is similar to what happened with Selesia.
Vannil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:51 pm Reply with quote
saedo wrote:

That is how you get someone to go against you very quickly. Blitz is easily Altair's closest ally and you get to him you get to Altair. Also if Blitz either finds out his daughter is not actually his daughter threw him finding out or the reason why he is able to see his daughter is disrupted, it won't end well for Blitz and everyone else.

I've been partial to the ideas that Hikayu's powers are abilities from a fighting game, since that would enable her to fight outside the realm of normal martial arts.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Sota's too stupid to call for back up, isn't he? Kid should know that even if everyone else is busy, it's important that he not face Magane by himself. Unless they planned it that way, and he wrote powers for *himself* that he could fight her with.

He hasn't exactly had a chance to call for back-up yet. Let's see what happens before throwing out that criticism.

Quote:
I was surprised it took Altair so long to figure it out. They've had this massive multimedia campaign for months and she didn't figure out their plan until she was locked in their birdcage?! I thought she was smarter than that.

Oh, I had the impression that Altair knew what was happening almost from the beginning. She just chose her timing about bringing it up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Were you actually following what she said? Altair has clearly been aware of it for a long time, and the reason she went along was to get acceptance. To be plain, she went along with it to create a good story, the stronger the story the more acceptance the stronger the effects, and all she has to do is to then shape the story how she wants. She even kind of said that killing Selesia would not fully be to her advantage, possibly because her killing a hero could turn the audience against her, it will be her plan to kind of get the audience to her side.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:28 pm Reply with quote
^
Yeah, that goes into more detail about what I was referring to in the previous post. Basically Altair is trying to bait the audience into sowing their own destruction. Pretty nasty maneuver, but also fitting for who she is and why she exists, I think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nechronius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:17 pm Reply with quote
So Blitz asks the Creator why his daughter had to die like that. Why couldn't the answer simply be, A year ago you were just a fictional story for entertainment, who would have guessed a supernatural power would have brought you to life...

I don't recall this kind of dialogue ever happening in the show, so tell me if it's already happened. I get that in the anime, the people in the Creators universe have accepted that their creations have become real, and perhaps it just seems like it's stating the obvious, but for how practical the approach of the anime was toward such an unprecedented thing, you would think that the reply to such a question would be just that. You were just a story.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
nechronius wrote:
So Blitz asks the Creator why his daughter had to die like that. Why couldn't the answer simply be, A year ago you were just a fictional story for entertainment, who would have guessed a supernatural power would have brought you to life...

I don't recall this kind of dialogue ever happening in the show, so tell me if it's already happened. I get that in the anime, the people in the Creators universe have accepted that their creations have become real, and perhaps it just seems like it's stating the obvious, but for how practical the approach of the anime was toward such an unprecedented thing, you would think that the reply to such a question would be just that. You were just a story.

It was worded more provocatively, but saying she wrote it that way to make it entertaining isn't all that different from saying it was just a story. It wouldn't make much of a difference to the creations, as while saying effectively "you were puppets which I made to dance for our amusement" is more immediately provocative, saying "Gosh Golly, I didn't know that it would make another reality" is just pathetic and reeks of self justification. Even if she could arguably not be considered morally culpable for the goings on of his world, it would not make his daughter any less horribly dead, and he would take it out on the one that orchestrated it, whether or not she knew that it would have real effects - though they seem to have solved that problem through other means. While emphasizing the fact that they didn't know that the stories - and the suffering therein - would become real could be used effectively, this scene called for something more...defiant.
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Bit early, I know. But episode 18 is one of the best yet! Not going to say more before the review...
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Either way, I'm looking forward to what comes out of this interaction, as Sota's potential contribution as a Creator is the only remaining unpredictable trick that Meteora's team has.
To me that conversation actually cemented the impression that the plan is for Souta to spoiler[write Setsuna as his own character and "reunite" her with Altair in the real world]. Granted, my thinking might have been influenced by just recently having read the part in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child where spoiler[Harry consults with a portrait of Dumbledore, and later gets warned that magical portraits "don't represent even half of their subjects" and that they should not be mistaken for the real person], but to me it felt like the plan has been pretty much spelled out. Not that I'm not looking forward to seeing how that would play out.

Oh, and since I forgot to comment on the previous episode, its final scene got me curious about who was voicing Suruga, and I was really surprised to read that it was Minako Kotobuki. From K-On!'s Mugi to A Channel's Yuuko to Sound! Euphonium's Asuka and now to Suruga, holy crap does she have range!
dtp98

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Re:CREATORS isn't actually about the Creations fighting; it's about the creative process, all the joys and pitfalls inherent to that process....Re:CREATORS may have prominent action elements, but they are meant to be merely sidelights and enhancements to the real truth of the story.

Which is the main reason why, no matter how interesting Ei and Rei think their self-serving ideas are, I've dropped this series. What we were tricked into believing was the main plot is actually playing second fiddle to the Series Composers constant rambling on the nature of creation. If they weren't going to focus on the plot, why have it at all?
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Instead of basically rewriting or summarizing what's already known (opinion or not), I'd like to note something:
Whether it's the eyes, demeanor, or something; I suspect Charon is being controlled by Altair. Whether that's actually the case or not, we shall see.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
I just smirked with glory when Yuuya released that spoiler especially since I spoiler[played Persona 5] which was similar. How do you continue the story with that revelation spilled? Laughing

If this continues at the right pace, it feels like this will achieve glorious payoff for anyone who managed to watch this entire series.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And frankly, I think Magane just likes him.

Well, as people have mentioned before, their voice actors are married in real life... Twisted Evil
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Quote:
And frankly, I think Magane just likes him.

Well, as people have mentioned before, their voice actors are married in real life... Twisted Evil

I thought she was married to Yuuya's seiyuu, not Souta's? Confused

As for the show being (mainly) about the creative process, well otherwise, it wouldn't be Re-Creators but some kind of reverse-isekai action anime instead. I for one am glad it isn't the latter.

That being said, i'm still looking forward to what Charon has in store. Now that Blitz has switched sides and Shou's being defeated (and probably unwilling to fight anyhow, now that he knows the truth), Charon is pretty much Altair's last remaining ally. What reason does he have to fight Selesia?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 33