• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Movie to Film This Year for 2008 Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Well, Spiderman definitely didn't fail in the Box Office, that's for sure.

Well duh, because they at least managed to stuff alot of things from the comics while making it good for the masses. Thought why they didn't use the Black Cat as one of the villians....

After looking at the pics of the stars vast to the movie......

Quote:
Its like watching a car slowly backing out of a driveway. And over a sleeping cat.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
Well duh, because they at least managed to stuff alot of things from the comics while making it good for the masses. Thought why they didn't use the Black Cat as one of the villians....

...so...does that mean you enjoyed the movie?
I know a lot of people complained about the 3rd one.

And Black Cat...ugh....
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about him but I enjoyed it. Too many complainers around IMO. Adaptations by their nature are going to be different, and it's not that they go wrong by being different, it's that fandom goes wrong by expecting more similarity than is reasonable.
OmegaGenesis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
GATSU wrote:
So lemme speculate. Chichi=that brunette stripper from High School Musical; Gohan=Daniel Radcliffe; Vegeta=Triple H; Nappa=The Rock; Kame-sennin=Gordon Liu; Bulma=Ellen Page.

Here's my ideal cast:

Chichi=Daniel Zelter; Gohan=Daniel Zelter; Vegeta=Daniel Zelter; Nappa=Daniel Zelter; Kame-sennin=Daniel Zelter; Bulma=Daniel Zelter.

Hahaha everyone is Daniel Zelter
anyways:
Here is mine

Goku=Stephen Chow himself!? (turns dragonball the movie into a funny movie)
Chichi=Zhang Ziyi
Vegeta=Donnie Yen
Bulma=Brittany Murphy
Kame-sennin=Eddie Chan(from Dragon Ball: The Magic Begins)the perfect Kame. Very Happy
Nappa=Bill Goldberg
Piccolo=cant find any suitable
Gohan=cant find any suitable

Or everyone could be Stephen Chow. ah that will be a good laugh. Stephen Chow plays everyone. haha now thats worth watching
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Steven:
Quote:
I mean, sure, there are far too many human characters, but at the same time, the ammount of detail gone in to the robots (and being superimposed on what was basically real cars and real scenery being thrashed around and blown up) was also pretty damned expensive, and there was always the possibility that despite it being a Transformers movie, it might have failed considerably.

The irony is that with all the money and detail, the robots looked crappier than their outsourced 2-d counterparts.

Quote:
It's just in order to pull off something as big as Transformers, you need to have as much revenue as possible, even if it means catering to an audience which is much bigger, but less knowledgable about the property.

Who the hell doesn't know about this series by now?

Xanas:
Quote:
In my opinion people are far too picky. Of course I have to remember the endless whining about the LOTR movies and pretty much everything else adapted.

But the difference is, in spite of not being 100% faithful to the source material, LOTR was actually good.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:

Up untill 2. 3rd one i have no idea where they went with that one. Sandman? "Oooo, I can be abrasive you!! SANDBLAST!! Oooo!!!"

Quote:
And Black Cat...ugh....

Better than Sandman.

GATSU wrote:
The irony is that with all the money and detail, the robots looked crappier than their outsourced 2-d counterparts.

2 hour long ebay/GM/dell/xbox/moutain dew commercial
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
I don't know about him but I enjoyed it. Too many complainers around IMO.

Agreed. Pros and cons, oh well....

xD My whole thing was that I hope that if they ever show Black Cat...it doesn't end up kinda like the whole Elektra/Catwoman ordeal. >.>;
Vortextk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
-Nue- wrote:

I'm also concerned about the release date "August 2008". thats around 9 months time you would think a project as big as DBZ it would take at least 1 and a half to film, i doubt it making an August 08 release is a wise choice Crying or Very sad

A year and a half to film? First, I think you mean to finish, not to film. Lord of the rings is one of the biggest projects ever and it took what, 3 years to film three incredibly long movies with a cast and crew the size of a town. 9 months for everything should be fine.

And for the people bashing transformers, the makers might have trouble hearing you over the constant wave crashes of money. Good or not, it sold. You want to talk about bad adaptations, lets talk about Uwe Boll. Transformers isn't even in the same galaxy.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
this movie is going to suck like 90% of hollywood make suck there going to be to much cg and it was a bad idea to make this movie live action in the first place
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

I'm gonna go see it.

FIXED. =D
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
xD My whole thing was that I hope that if they ever show Black Cat...it doesn't end up kinda like the whole Elektra/Catwoman ordeal. >.>;

The difference is, the Elektra and Catwoman Movies (and to an extent, the second Lara Croft Movie) was the female leads as being one of the factors in why the films failed. Of course, the laundry list of charges is numerous. From poor scripts to just audiences not liking the characters. Dunno about Elektra in the Daredevil movie. But I think Catwoman in the second Batman film was accepted okay, as Pffier played her smoothly.

As it stands, none of the Spiderman villains have had any planned spin-off movies.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
this movie is going to suck like 90% of hollywood make suck there going to be to much cg and it was a bad idea to make this movie live action in the first place

We have another GATSU in our midst!! Shocked Shocked
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
tygerchickchibi wrote:

Up untill 2. 3rd one i have no idea where they went with that one. Sandman? "Oooo, I can be abrasive you!! SANDBLAST!! Oooo!!!"

Quote:
And Black Cat...ugh....

Better than Sandman.

The reason for Sandman and the Green Goblin is because they wanted to use villains from the original comics. Ya know, the original ones that helped get everything going. Raimi didn't want to use newer villains and was even opposed to Venom at first. He relented on that I assume due to Venom's sheer popularity and to be fair. But the original goal was always to use original villains from the old comics. And I think comparing the success of the Spiderman movies to any aspect of Dragon Ball period, let alone the movie, is not fair. I mean how much history and time does Spiderman have under it's belt? Regardless of the quality of the movies it was of course going to do well.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Crappier by the armchair expert GATSU standard which I'm not exactly going to trust since you're a complete wipe.

Quote:

Who the hell doesn't know about this series by now?

Know about, sure, they know about it, but the finer details, or even the larger ones, do not properly convey in what would be a 'realistic' movie.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

We have another GATSU in our midst!! Shocked Shocked

Nah, not enough finesse. GATSU at least manages to be coherent, unlike this loudmouth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6