• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Citrus Yuri Anime Casts Ayana Taketatsu, Minami Tsuda, Yukiyo Fujii

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leetailor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
If you REALLY want get your speculation hat turning, Infinite seems to be the one producing it according to their Twitter bio. And if you go by the titles they produced, those tend to be animated either by P.A. Works, White Fox, or Studio 3Hz.

Neat, I didn't know that.

Quote:
Still, it's anyone's game even though the idea of Citrus being done by P.A. Works (especially if it's the good team) is really salivating.

I just checked and it seems like P.A. Works has never adapted a manga before, and an insane proportion of their work is original anime. However, their most popular works are pretty melodramatic (not using that as an insult), so Citrus would be right up their alley in that sense.

I'm honestly not too keen on the idea because while I respect their work, and their shows do tend to look very polished... I hated the writing in everything I've seen from them (which is probably less their fault and more... well, Okada Mari and Key, specifically). I still respect some of their titles I haven't seen yet (Another, Shirobako and Uchouten Kazoku).

White Fox isn't exactly a stranger to edgier stuff (and Citrus gets pretty edgy), plus they have experience with adapting manga, but those are either action oriented (Jormungand and Akame ga Kill) or fluffy CGDCT (Is The Order a Rabbit?). They haven't done any high school romance so far, either.

Studio 3Hz is way too young to base any predictions on, but I've heard a lot of great things about Flip Flappers.

I'd personally choose J.C. Staff because they have some experience with manga adaptations. I feel like they might be able to capture the aesthetic appeal of the Citrus manga. Or if I could pick any studio, I'd go with Shaft. I've only seen their wackier stuff but March Comes in Like a Lion has been really well received, so I'd trust them with drama, too. Shaft is a bit unlikely though, Taketatsu Ayana has never worked with them before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2