• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Welcome to the Ballroom Anime's July 8 Debut, Theme Song Artist Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what the other 80% is Laughing

I hope the show is good though, if the writing is as nice as Haikyuu and nowhere near as bad and trite as Yuri on Ice then I am on board.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:

I hope the show is good though, if the writing is as nice as Haikyuu and nowhere near as bad and trite as Yuri on Ice then I am on board.

The story is actually really good, hence my comparison to Nodame Cantabile! Very Happy My only fear is that the anime doesn't manage to reproduce the hyper-realistic(?) art of the manga, when it comes to body shapes and such at least.
OpinionatedWeaboo

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:58 pm Reply with quote
So they did add art for Gaju and Mako. Awesome!
The dancing scenes look really well done. It's too early to say from such short footage, but it was certainly impressive.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:08 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Kon'Doriano wrote:

The story is actually really good, hence my comparison to Nodame Cantabile! Very Happy My only fear is that the anime doesn't manage to reproduce the hyper-realistic(?) art of the manga, when it comes to body shapes and such at least.

If that's the case then I won't have much to worry about. This is one of the few shows in my eyes that has any real potential this season and I'd love for this show to do well critically and commercially.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2