• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Apocrypha TV Anime Reveals New Promo Video, Cast, July Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 am Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Netflix actually bothered to get this? They must really want to cash in on the Fate fame. Rolling Eyes I'd prefer they go for more interesting projects like Masaaki Yuasa's Devilman adapation but hey can't blame them. Money talks.

Uhh, you're already getting a Netflix produced Devilman anime. Why complain that they want to stream something else as well? Seriously confused by this logic.. Confused
Wonderllama

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:35 am Reply with quote
Oh good. This being a Netflix exclusive means Fate/Zero will probably be renewed after it expires. I gotta finish watching it. Their subs seem better than other versions I've seen...
freak27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:51 am Reply with quote
A-1? I thought we were getting God animation again from Ufotable Sad
TemplateR

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quote
Will Netflix stream this series only in Japan? Or also worldwide?
brynhild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:29 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I have Netflix, but it still bums the hell out of me whenever this happens. I do NOT want to wait till the end of the season to watch something. And it seriously kills any discussion and fandom hype for anything. Poor LWA... Crying or Very sad

Lord Vaultman wrote:
brynhild wrote:
AoA lost both SaeKano 2 and Fate/Apocrypha. What is going on.

Maybe..... just maybe AoA has learned they cant compete? The prices they charge are outrageous and the number of shows they actually license themselves in America are small.

AoA hasn't lost either of these series. They just aren't getting streamed on the usual platforms. Netflix and Amazon streaming their shows doesn't have any impact on the physical release, really. Also, for what it's worth, I have yet to see Aniplex listed in any of the Aprocrypha PVs. Not that they aren't involved, but just because A-1 is animating it doesn't mean it is automatically an Aniplex show.

1.) Can you recall the last time any of their titles got an exclusive stream? The closest thing to it was God Eater, which was promoted as a "daisuki exclusive," but still ot a CR stream albeit delayed.

2.)You're right, they don't have any impact on the physical release. but in the past, AoA has been about releasing across multiple platforms to maximize viewcount, so if they still did pick up these titles, it'd be kind of a new thing given how they worked their model in the past. Also a tiny note that is actually for the most part irrelevant, most of the titles Netflix has licensed for exclusive streaming were picked up de facto by Sentai/Funimation right? But, I did just remember that Amazon also streamed Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga as it aired. Eh, oh well. It's all conjecture based on observation.

3.)Yeah, Aniplex isn't listed anywhere in the PVs, but that hasn't stopped them before (Expelled From Paradise and God Eater are both examples of this), and the fact that they've pretty much monopolized the Fate franchise aside from Prism Illya is what makes this kinda out of left field.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:26 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
brynhild wrote:
AoA lost both SaeKano 2 and Fate/Apocrypha. What is going on.

Maybe..... just maybe AoA has learned they cant compete? The prices they charge are outrageous and the number of shows they actually license themselves in America are small.

AoA hasn't lost either of these series. They just aren't getting streamed on the usual platforms. Netflix and Amazon streaming their shows doesn't have any impact on the physical release, really. Also, for what it's worth, I have yet to see Aniplex listed in any of the Aprocrypha PVs. Not that they aren't involved, but just because A-1 is animating it doesn't mean it is automatically an Aniplex show.[/quote]

I think you are confusing Aniplex with Aniplex of America. Not everything Aniplex in Japan gets picked up by AoA. My argument had nothing to do with the producer but rather the licensors
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:44 am Reply with quote
Well, RIP Fate/Apocrypha for the weekly best and worst episodes this summer.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
Damn, I hoped they'll reveal a voice actor for Sisigou as well.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

I think you are confusing Aniplex with Aniplex of America. Not everything Aniplex in Japan gets picked up by AoA. My argument had nothing to do with the producer but rather the licensors

No, but it seemed like you were confusing them... Confused Your comment insinuated that AoA did not get these shows because of this streaming announcement. Why would you assume Aniplex of America had lost something that neither them, nor their parent company have any(thus far proven) involvement with? They could still get it, certainly, but they did not LOSE anything based on this news, as your comment implied.

brynhild wrote:

1.) Can you recall the last time any of their titles got an exclusive stream? The closest thing to it was God Eater, which was promoted as a "daisuki exclusive," but still ot a CR stream albeit delayed.

2.)You're right, they don't have any impact on the physical release. but in the past, AoA has been about releasing across multiple platforms to maximize viewcount, so if they still did pick up these titles, it'd be kind of a new thing given how they worked their model in the past. Also a tiny note that is actually for the most part irrelevant, most of the titles Netflix has licensed for exclusive streaming were picked up de facto by Sentai/Funimation right? But, I did just remember that Amazon also streamed Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga as it aired. Eh, oh well. It's all conjecture based on observation.

3.)Yeah, Aniplex isn't listed anywhere in the PVs, but that hasn't stopped them before (Expelled From Paradise and God Eater are both examples of this), and the fact that they've pretty much monopolized the Fate franchise aside from Prism Illya is what makes this kinda out of left field.

This is all helping to make my point, really. That there is no reason to assume anything here. Don't assume that Aniplex of America lost these titles, or that they ever had them to begin with. We have no proof of that. Things are always changing and there are often-times exceptions.
railtracer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Wait amazon got saekano 2? Well guess I'm going to be pirating again for the first time in years. I will never support anime strike's current model of business. Hell Netflix pisses me off as well because they only release things for people to binge watch...if there was ever a time for them to release episodes on a weekly basis to gauge interest Fate/Apocrypha would probably be the one. Netflix's previous licensed anime I simply haven't even bothered to watch yet even though when they first were announced I had an interest in watching them. They waited too long and I no longer care. Netflix and Amazon have the same problem, they don't even try to understand the fandom.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I'd wondered what Netflix's next acquisition would be. I don't mind waiting a bit to see it even if streaming as it airs would be preferable. And I can't take much issue with Netflix as they only ever take one show a season. Considering how discussion of the last Fate series to get a episode review went, I dare say this isn't the worst thing in the world.
Fordzy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Netflix exclusive....

Interesting to note that the voice for Red Saber is different between this and Fate/Extra Last Encore.

Apocrypha: Saber of Red - spoiler[Mordred]
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Saber_of_Red

Extra: Red Saber - spoiler[Emperor Nero]
http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Playable_Saber_(Fate/Extra)
https://youtu.be/wH8RJF_QVnM?t=11

[Edit]: added spoiler tags. Errinundra.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
There's so much anime coming out now that I'm still watching shows from three or more seasons back, so, I'm not too upset that Netflix queues up shows for a single binge-watch release. It does put a damper on discussion, and it would be nice for shows to get weekly reviews, but.... (on the other hand, I've really been enjoying Nick Creamer's reviews of Bakemonogatari, I hope ANN does more of that).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:38 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Not that they aren't involved, but just because A-1 is animating it doesn't mean it is automatically an Aniplex show.

The question is if Aniplex is on the Production Committee and that I don't know. It was for Fate/Zero and F/SN UBW the TV series. A-1 does good work, of course, but when it comes to the Type-Moon stuff, ufotable is my studio of choice.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
Not that they aren't involved, but just because A-1 is animating it doesn't mean it is automatically an Aniplex show.

The question is if Aniplex is on the Production Committee and that I don't know. It was for Fate/Zero and F/SN UBW the TV series. A-1 does good work, of course, but when it comes to the Type-Moon stuff, ufotable is my studio of choice.

Aniplex hosts the official website (look at author for site).
Aniplex streamed the promotional video linked on their Youtube account.
Aniplex mentioned it at their AnimeJapan 2017 booth.
The show is airing on the stations Aniplex uses for their prime Saturday night block.

They're likely leading the production committee much like Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night UBW/Heaven's Feel, and Fate/Grand Order. We don't know if they held international rights for this or not though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3