• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuri Lowenthal, Kate Higgins Reprise Roles as Suzaku, C.C. in Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
And there is much rejoicing, YAY! Actually, Yuri reprised his role as Pip Bernadotte in Hellsing Ultimate, so I figured Funimation would try to get him back and Code Geass is selling really well for Funimation, if only it hadn't been botched by bad audio problems, but I'm very happy.

Hellsing Ultimate's dub was outsourced to New Generation Pictures in LA to be consistent with episodes 1-4 so there's a difference between that and Akito because this looks to be mostly a Dallas dub. It's like with FUNi's BlazBlue & Neptunia's dubs where Kate Higgins returned for the former due to being dubbed at Cup of Tea in LA (where most of the games were dubbed at at that point) but not for the latter due to being dubbed in-house with most of the game cast traveling to Dallas themselves.

Unknownsage13 wrote:
I wonder if Funimation are paying union for this dub (kinda like they did with Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan).

Yuri, Kate & Johnny are ficore so I don't think they had to.

They would have to pay union for the new show & movies if they plan to get everyone else back for those.
redranger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness. The OVA would have been unwatchable without them. I might have had to do something I never do and watch it in Japanese. Great news to wake up to.
corinthian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:12 pm Reply with quote
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:47 am Reply with quote
RANGIT wrote:
And there we have it! Yuri and Kate are reprising their roles. I'd be surprised if it ends up with JYB not reprising. lol. At this point it's safe to say they got all three of the previous major characters back. I'm actually more interested in who the ADR director/s is/are at this point.

i am wondering about that as well. if its the same ADR that was in season one and two, then i can really see some problems there.

as for the cast, that was a major surprise for me at least since the majority of the cast were funi VA. the fact that funi got the old main cast to reprise their roles is very surprising considering that their in the heart on shippuden's 4th ninja war arc. not to mention for SM & SM Crystal. especially for the case for both higgins and lowenthal since none of them even live in the texas area. its definitely gonna cost funi a pretty penny for sure if getting the cast back also includes their travel expensives as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:59 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
i am wondering about that as well. if its the same ADR that was in season one and two, then i can really see some problems there.

What problems? In any case, it's sadly completely impossible for the original ADR director, Kevin Seymour, to return because he passed away around three years ago.

jr240483 wrote:
its definitely gonna cost funi a pretty penny for sure if getting the cast back also includes their travel expensives as well.

For The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, they used Todd Haberkorn's studio, The Habertat, to record the voice actors in California. It's possible they're doing something similar here.

Last edited by EmperorBrandon on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
RANGIT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
For The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, they used Todd Haberkorn's studio, The Habertat, to record the voice actors in California. It's possible they're doing something similar here.

Fixed that for you. Very Happy
On a more serious note, it seems like OkraTron 5000 is indeed handling the ADR production and Donald Shults is probably directing the Dallas side again like he did with Nagato Yuki-chan. He hinted (quoted tweet only, original was already deleted) about reprisals a few days ago. So yeah, it's probable that similar arrangements were made and the only difference this time around is not needing to unionize the project.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:01 am Reply with quote
RANGIT wrote:
Fixed that for you. Very Happy

And just a few minutes before I realized my mistake and came here to fix it. Smile Was sleepy and not thinking.
RANGIT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:08 am Reply with quote
It actually flew by me at first and only when I reread it did I notice something amiss. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2