• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KONOSUBA - God's blessing on this wonderful world! 2

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quote
Ep 5 made me laugh so hard. In fact I laughed even harder here than when I watched the previous ep which was already funny in its own right
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else think it was too easy & soon to let the whole group off the hook (legally + debt free) at the end of the episode? If these characters aren't struggling to make a buck, they might not do anything at all! Very Happy

Pretty sure Kazume or Aqua will find away to get right back into debt next episode Smile

I mean, they pretty much ended season one "happy and comfortable" and immediately got put in their bad situation to start this season. So yeah, I would never think they're clearly "debt free". Heck, Aqua has already shown herself to be more than willing to blow any money they have (usually on something stupid) while Kazuma isn't paying close attention.
stilldemented

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Darkness is putting in work this season! Her gags could be hit or miss in season 1, but she has been killing it these last 2 episodes. Great use of the masochism gag as situational humor to freshen up some of the more worn out tropes.

It's interesting to see how the show sort of follows in the footsteps of the first season. The frogs made a comeback in season 2 episode 2 just like they did in season 1 episode 2. The demon lords show up for the first time in the episode 5's of each season. And other little hallmarks like Megumin and Kazuma going out explosion training Aqua getting so drunk she vomits rainbows.

It's cool how the show just builds on itself. Really gives the show a solid momentum.

I like the way they use off-model designs for comedic emphasis. Kind of weird to me that I've seen a lot of hubbub and grumbles about that when it looks like it's done on purpose. I don't believe the comedy would come across quite as effective if everyone stayed on-model. But having said that, the magic that really makes the show shine is the voice talents. They make the show. Hard roles to fill for if/when the show gets dubbed. Razz

All in all, Konosuba is shaping up to have another strong season. That's pretty cool by me. Smile
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I do feel the need to say that its INCREDIBLY amusing that Aqua's "cult" has a bad name even with the Demon Lords. Laughing
Quoque tu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Aqua gets bad-mouthed by the Demon King army because her cultists spread infamies about him http://imgur.com/a/T2H6p
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quote
So normally I'm not a stickler for this stuff but the episode 6 review was poorly proofread it has two word errors in the second paragraph.

It says "coming timing" instead of Comedic Timing and says Devil Kind where it should say Devil King
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
So normally I'm not a stickler for this stuff but the episode 6 review was poorly proofread it has two word errors in the second paragraph.

It says "coming timing" instead of Comedic Timing and says Devil Kind where it should say Devil King

Fix'd.
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 am Reply with quote
Who else thinks spoiler[Megumin drew a handle on Kazuma's "Excalibur"?] Laughing

Seriously, KonoSuba has constantly topped itself with its humor week after week. I don't think there's been a funnier series -- anime or non-anime-wise -- in years.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
anime only watcher here (well for dull disclosure I read a few chapters of the manga , btu that's stuff for the first season).

well I might be very wrong about eris, but when aqua's was random bantering about her and her pads I got the feeling she was going to say that eris was really a man, tho that's phrase gets interrupted so it sounds somethign like "she's really a ..." ... so I guess we finally got a trap in this series.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
It feels as though the show has been going out of its way to remind the audience that YunYun is still a character, without ever actually showing her on screen. I hope this means that we'll be getting a Megumin arc soon.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
well I might be very wrong about eris, but when aqua's was random bantering about her and her pads I got the feeling she was going to say that eris was really a man, tho that's phrase gets interrupted so it sounds somethign like "she's really a ..." ... so I guess we finally got a trap in this series.

I'm also an anime only watcher (altho I've explicitly looked into one specific spoiler spoiler[about Eris/Chris]) and I'm 99% sure she's not a dude. I'm not sure if Aqua was going to comment on the spoiler or something else entirely.
Melicans

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
Aqua's snort at the end of the episode absolutely killed me.
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Add another strike to Aqua's meme worthy paused face during the lizard debacle
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I noticed it before this episode, but there are two characters in this series who look very suspiciously similar:

Same eyes and build (and the latter is significant in a series which has gone to great pains to give all of its major female characters dramatically different builds), and while the hair colors are a bit different the style is virtually identical.

Could Chris perhaps be Eris's mortal guise? If so, that's going to make things really awkward when Kazuma finds out. They're definitely connected somehow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I don't think I noticed it before this episode, but there are two characters in this series who look very suspiciously similar:

Same eyes and build (and the latter is significant in a series which has gone to great pains to give all of its major female characters dramatically different builds), and while the hair colors are a bit different the style is virtually identical.

Could Chris perhaps be Eris's mortal guise? If so, that's going to make things really awkward when Kazuma finds out. They're definitely connected somehow.

Well actually...spoiler[she is]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 13