• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hiroshi Kamiya, Daisuke Ono Pick Up Some Serious Bling During Radio Program

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Haha! I'm delighted to see a DGS-related article on ANN.
Funny how Chanko chan ended up buying the most expensive watch. He had a hard time finding one that'd fit his wrist.
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:14 pm Reply with quote
That Rolex had to been used for that price and one of the older models.

A Rolex Explorer I retails for 655,000 Yen new before exchange rates are factored in about $6,550.00 USD.

At the price he paid I would buy one myself on my next visit to Japan if it was new and the current model.

One thing I noticed on my last trip to Japan was the top 2 luxury watches preferred are Rolex and Omega. With Omega being more common since they are the cheaper of the two brands.
TehDarkPrince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:

A Rolex Explorer I retails for 655,000 Yen new before exchange rates are factored in about $6,550.00 USD.

At the price he paid I would buy one myself on my next visit to Japan if it was new and the current model.

One thing I noticed on my last trip to Japan was the top 2 luxury watches preferred are Rolex and Omega. With Omega being more common since they are the cheaper of the two brands.

Thought so-- when I saw 4000 USD next to a picture of that 116610 I thought for a moment that Japan is the place to get my ceramic no-date. I have heard that the Japanese aren't big on submariners and prefer Daytonas and datejusts.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:

The ANN article did not mention it, but yes, it was used because the Rolex Explorer I is no longer in production. It was explained on the show that that model can only be purchased used. The website also mentioned it was used.
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 pm Reply with quote
The Rolex Explorer I is still in production but the one from the article is discontinued with the older stamped clasp bracelet.

Depending on the exchange rate which is up and down between 13-18 percent discount when using USD and Japan being Duty/Tax Free you can buy a nice luxury timepiece without the whole back and forth negotiating bs.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:35 am Reply with quote
Not a big fan of rolexes but the Omega is beautiful. Someday
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:55 am Reply with quote
My watch was $24 and tells the time just as well. Personally I'm sticking with that. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1