• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 15

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:31 pm Reply with quote
spoiler["Fear not. We will again fulfill your wish for a healing moment with our gentleness." - Aqua, KonoSuba OVA]

Jumpstarting the main game:

sub
A: Sorry! Sorry! I didn't explain to him that you're well enough to be out of bed now! I'm really sorry, B!
B: Huh?! What the heck?! He came sneaking in here because he thought I'd be asleep?! That's even worse! You creeper! Pervert! Deviant!
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Hmm.. that's a bit different from the fansubs I used, but I guess that translation works too? So Raftina is correct on the minigame.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 am Reply with quote
Time for a clue on the active quote? I'm certain that I should know this one but can't quite place it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
Hint #1: spoiler[The protagonist was visiting twin-tailed redhead B in her room.]

Hint #2: spoiler[The protagonist ditched his childhood friend to pair up with villainess B in the final battle in the penultimate episode of this series.]

Hint #3: spoiler[B was close friends with the protagonist's mother 24 years ago to the point that she named the protagonist and her sister, but the two fell apart after the mother crippled B's giant robot and made B a part of it.]

Hint #4: spoiler[In this last episode of the second season of this CG series, B lost her memories and started aging again just in time to marry the protagonist.]
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:04 am Reply with quote
Boy, I thought I knew this one, but those clues in combination don't fit any franchise that I can think of. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
By the way, in case it is not clear, I should point out that the struck out portion of the hint is just a shipping joke. It did not actually happen in the series.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I know exactly where it's from, but I lack the familiarity and the time to track down specific details.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Heh, early on I thought it might be from spoiler[Bladedance of the elementalelars], but character A made no sense for that show and 2nd hint crushed that possibility completely. Now, I have no idea.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I believe the show is spoiler[BBK/BRNK Season 2 and it is Soya apologising to Reoko after bringing Azuma into the hospital room without forewarning her.]
Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:23 pm Reply with quote
That is acceptable.

Though you should note that the bolded quote is not the one who is apologizing. You keep doing this for some reason.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I can never remember the rules to this game (I hardly ever know any), I thought that you just had to bold the speaker's name of the bolded quote and give some correct context? Let me know if this is incorrect.

I tend to describe the scene as it plays out which I suppose is confusing if the bolded quote is later on in the conversation. Force of habit I will have to watch next time.

Cannot think of a quote at the moment so feel free to minigame.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
For future reference, you have to specifically identify the speaker of the bolded quote, not bold that speaker in your answer.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Minigame.

Raftina

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:46 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Since when were you under the impression that I could not use the genki dama?]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Going blind on the minigame: spoiler["Bankai", Ichigo, Bleach]????
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 78 of 101