• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Details Revealed For 2 Upcoming Bleach Novels

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
theNightster wrote:
well in Soul Eater's case they adapted a different manga, but a final act for Bleach would be great, they could even fill in some of the stuff Kubo couldn't put in do to Jump rushing him.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the 2nd half of Huecdo Mundo and the Fullbring arcs or things like character relationships not being properly developed, was do to Kubo being rushed to finish them. Not because Kubo dropped the ball or simply got lazy.
I actually agree with you on Fullbringer hilariously enough (I don't defend that arc) but this was a comment about the last part of the final arc which was rushed
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
I actually agree with you on Fullbringer hilariously enough (I don't defend that arc) but this was a comment about the last part of the final arc which was rushed

I didn't disagree with it being rushed just the part about Kubo essentially having a gun put to his head and being too to skip over everything.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:02 am Reply with quote
As a rare Renji/Rukia and IshiHime (Uryuu Ishida & Orihime) shipper, I was half ok with the last chapter. Seemed like Uryuu ended up alone Sad Better than I expected, though!

KH91 wrote:
Much rather prefer a story on how spoiler[Ichigo X Orihime] happened. Interested in the Shuhei story.

Quote:
Bleach: WE DO (knot) ALWAYS LOVE YOU

There we go.

Yeah, how did Orihime spoiler[get Ichigo to see her as a romantic prospect? Seriously! He never seemed to notice her interest in him at all!]

The title is amazing.
Kreion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:28 am Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:

Anyone that thinks Rukia and Ichigo liked each other has probably only watched the anime that was FULL of fillers with Ichigo and Rukia(even in canon episoes) while cutting interactions between Orihime and Ichigo. Either that or you've never read shonen manga before

Oh please, I've reread the manga enough times and Kubo always gives a lot more weight to the Ichigo/Rukia relationship. He just does, the the way he presents their interactions and their progress - they have a mutual relationship and Orhimes feelings are perpetually one sided. People who ignore this are blind - or willfully ignorant. Which makes sense, because at the start of the series Orihime is a friend of a friend and Rukia changes his life.

Ichi/Ruki was the main ship in Japan for a reason ya know?

Personal preference aside, the problem is that the development of Ichi/hime is badly written. You can see how Ichigo and Rukia get closer because they are given lots of time to do so - Ichigo and Orihime never have that...now you can say 'Bleach wasn't a romance ' till you are blue in the face but the fact of the matter is that it included romantic elements. Kubo could have just avoided the subject entirely, but instead he made a mess of it.

And before you give me any counter examples...literally every bit of Ichi/hime development is one-sided from Orihimes viewpoint. I don't think Ichigo has a single thought about her beyond maybe 'I gotta save her' at some point in HM.

That's why a lot of people don't care for the relationship, that's why it's badly written.
GhostOfShowsPast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
#825565 wrote:

Anyone that thinks Rukia and Ichigo liked each other has probably only watched the anime that was FULL of fillers with Ichigo and Rukia(even in canon episoes) while cutting interactions between Orihime and Ichigo. Either that or you've never read shonen manga before

Oh please, I've reread the manga enough times and Kubo always gives a lot more weight to the Ichigo/Rukia relationship. He just does, the the way he presents their interactions and their progress - they have a mutual relationship and Orhimes feelings are perpetually one sided. People who ignore this are blind - or willfully ignorant. Which makes sense, because at the start of the series Orihime is a friend of a friend and Rukia changes his life.

Ichi/Ruki was the main ship in Japan for a reason ya know?

Personal preference aside, the problem is that the development of Ichi/hime is badly written. You can see how Ichigo and Rukia get closer because they are given lots of time to do so - Ichigo and Orihime never have that...now you can say 'Bleach wasn't a romance ' till you are blue in the face but the fact of the matter is that it included romantic elements. Kubo could have just avoided the subject entirely, but instead he made a mess of it.

And before you give me any counter examples...literally every bit of Ichi/hime development is one-sided from Orihimes viewpoint. I don't think Ichigo has a single thought about her beyond maybe 'I gotta save her' at some point in HM.

That's why a lot of people don't care for the relationship, that's why it's badly written.

I've read the manga and watched a most of the anime and movies and I was shocked at the Ichi/hime ending, as there was very little hint of them being together or even more than friendship feelings for her from Ichigo. Even discounting Rukia there were several other girls that had better chemistry with Ichigo than Orihime and who I would have preferred to see him with,
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
This is a lot like NaruHina becoming canon vs. NaruSaku. If Kishi and Kubo had the ships planned from the start, they would have developed them a lot better.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
This is a lot like NaruHina becoming canon vs. NaruSaku. If Kishi and Kubo had the ships planned from the start, they would have developed them a lot better.

Kishimoto at least admits to romance not being something he's good with writing. Kubo has other problems.

Kreion wrote:
Oh please, I've reread the manga enough times and Kubo always gives a lot more weight to the Ichigo/Rukia relationship. He just does, the the way he presents their interactions and their progress - they have a mutual relationship

Which would be a platonic relationship?

Not a he's in love her with but can't admit it/ She's in love with him but can't admit it, kind of relationship.

Kreion wrote:
and Rukia changes his life.

....She gives him the power to turn into a shinigami and fight hollows......which we later find out Ichigo should've had anyway do to his father being an ex Shinigami.

Kreion wrote:
till you are blue in the face but the fact of the matter is that it included romantic elements.

None of them between Ichigo & Rukia as much as some will tout this til they're blue in the face and hoarse of throat.

Kreion wrote:
Kubo could have just avoided the subject entirely,

Yeah and you'd still have people going for the knives over who should be paired with whom. Because that's how anime and manga fandoms work.

Kreion wrote:
I don't think Ichigo has a single thought about her beyond maybe 'I gotta save her' at some point in HM.

Which is no different from Ichigo's motivation for rescuing Rukia during the Soul Society Arc. Or are we supposed to infer he had another motivation for doing that?

Kreion wrote:

It's hard to badly write something when you spend next to no time writing it, also like the above point you made this can easily be applied to the alleged romantic relationship between Ichigo & Rukia. Since Kubo never really pushed their relationship out ofthe friendzone.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
One thing that could have been better is if both Kubo and Kishi left the ending ambiguous for who the main guys end up with.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
One thing that could have been better is if both Kubo and Kishi left the ending ambiguous for who the main guys end up with.

Neither story had that kind of wiggle room, it also kind of would've been seen as a nonsensical cop-out.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like it'll be interesting. Hopefully this'll be translated into English soon. It sounds like a fascinating read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2