• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fukushima Gainax Makes Rescue Academia Anime About Minamisōma City

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
My Hero Academia, Little Witch Academia, and now this? What's next? Secret Spy Academia?
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
I tend to agree with Gemnist here. It's like,what next? "Get Smart Academia" in which we have a couple of teachers who look like Don Adams and Barbara Feldon from the old "Get Smart" TV series? Does the world really need something like this? I've really gotta wonder sometimes about the animation industry in Japan. It's like they'll grab at the most bizarre idea imaginable just so they can throw it on the air.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:22 am Reply with quote
What bizarre ideas? Rescue Academia here is about a group of children being friend with a robot, My Hero Academia is about superheroes, and Little Witch Academia is about witches. There's nothing practically out of scope there except for the similarities in title, not to mentioned that those 3 names aren't used in a lot of released anime so far. I don't know why you two need to made this so negative when there's nothing wrong with the picture at all. These 3 title ain't no ecchi stuff, ain't it? Or a borderline fanservice show? Don't tell me that what's wrong with it is just the name?
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:11 am Reply with quote
Calm down,Aferzeria. I didn't mean no harm here. I haven't seen those shows that's all. Again,their names do sound alike though. But,about my thing about "Get Smart Academia,"in which we get teachers who look like Don Adams and Barbara Feldon from the old "Get Smart" series. I don't know if any Japanese company would do a show like that,I'd be amazed if they did. But,it would be a fun show,wouldn't it?
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
What bizarre ideas? Rescue Academia here is about a group of children being friend with a robot, My Hero Academia is about superheroes, and Little Witch Academia is about witches. There's nothing practically out of scope there except for the similarities in title, not to mentioned that those 3 names aren't used in a lot of released anime so far. I don't know why you two need to made this so negative when there's nothing wrong with the picture at all. These 3 title ain't no ecchi stuff, ain't it? Or a borderline fanservice show? Don't tell me that what's wrong with it is just the name?

I was just joking about the similar titles and, to a larger extent, at the gigantic amount of school anime in recent years.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Boku no Hero Academia just finished the mini-arc where they have to rescue people from a danger zone.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I was just about to finish typing a lengthy post stating me wanting to apologize but my phone died. Well, here's a shorter version. I was a bit angry yesterday while constructing that reply due to my friend saying that our lecturer has reduced the deadline for a project unexpectedly, and that's why people told everyone that we shouldn't post while angry, driving while drunk e.t.c. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
"Academia" comes from a mythic Greek hero, an Athenian named Akademos. Given that superheroes often derive elements from myths, using that title in MHA seems appropriate to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1