• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom Compilation Film's Visual Shows Nagisa, Karma 7 Years Later

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
Pizza35 wrote:

Seriously? Have any of you seen the anime?

In the last episode spoiler[it's heavily implied that Kaede is pregnant, and obviously Nagisa is the father].

Well, it might be anime-only as I haven't read the manga.

What? Do you have a screencap of that? To me the ending implied that Kayano still had lingering feelings for Nagisa but he'd never quite reciprocated them and she was at peace with that -iirc the other guys teased her about it. It's the first time I ever hear about this "implied" ending. I haven't seen the manga ending either so I don't know if that was supposed to be understood like that Shocked
Pizza35

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:42 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

What? Do you have a screencap of that? To me the ending implied that Kayano still had lingering feelings for Nagisa but he'd never quite reciprocated them and she was at peace with that -iirc the other guys teased her about it. It's the first time I ever hear about this "implied" ending. I haven't seen the manga ending either so I don't know if that was supposed to be understood like that Shocked

Hum, when I think about it know I might have been wrong ^^

spoiler[ I think it's implied when she does her monologue around the end of the last ep. We see all the students in their different carriers, and then we see her holding her belly (illuminated) while saying "itsuka sodatetai inochi". Then when a female character (don't remember her name, the fat one) asks her about her relationship with Nagisa she brushes it off by saying he is too focused on his "target" (understand "students").

So she might just be saying she's thinking about having a child someday. It's all pretty vague on purpose. But in my opinion it's clear they are in a relationship.]
[/spoiler]
shillyshine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:45 pm Reply with quote
To those comments wondering whether if Kayano and Nagisa have tied the knot, spoiler[ read chapter 179, there's a panel where you see a couple holding hands and I'm pretty sure those hands belong to Kayano's and Nagisa's ]
Pizza35

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
shillyshine wrote:
To those comments wondering whether if Kayano and Nagisa have tied the knot, spoiler[ read chapter 179, there's a panel where you see a couple holding hands and I'm pretty sure those hands belong to Kayano's and Nagisa's ]

Yes, I saw that too. It goes along with what I was saying. That spoiler[ it is never said clearly if they are dating or not, but there are just too many things implying they are. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2