• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts 2.8 TGS Trailers Reveal January Launch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
this looks great, even though I'll be very pregnant once this drops :P can't wait to play. I find it funny how they're still milking Simple and Clean for all its worth in these kh trailers and games. Utada got burned by them and won't produce another song for the franchise, but I should hope they should try to get something a little more original for kh3 you know 10 years from now when that finally comes out :roll:

I'd like a source on this, because just this morning she was tweeting, in English, about how great the trailer looks and all. Doesn't sound like she's feeling ''burned''.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote
At this point nothing short of 3 having Thanos and Darth Vader as bosses will make up for the seemingly endless delays and side stories.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
kakoishii wrote:
this looks great, even though I'll be very pregnant once this drops Razz can't wait to play. I find it funny how they're still milking Simple and Clean for all its worth in these kh trailers and games. Utada got burned by them and won't produce another song for the franchise, but I should hope they should try to get something a little more original for kh3 you know 10 years from now when that finally comes out Rolling Eyes

I'd like a source on this, because just this morning she was tweeting, in English, about how great the trailer looks and all. Doesn't sound like she's feeling ''burned''.

I would have to go searching for it, but there is definitely an old article out there as an interview with Utada and her father. Mind you, her father did most of the talking as as from what i can remember Utada was barely into her 20's at the time and her father acted as a manager of sorts on many of her projects. He spoke about how he felt that Disney didn't pay her enough for her song contributions especially considering she was asked to do an English version of Hikari (what became Simple and Clean), which Utada has even said she had trouble doing not really liking doing translations of her songs.

Took a little digging but here was the article I was referring to:
http://jetaany.org/magazine_files/utada.pdf

Again it's evident here that her father seemed to be more at odds with Disney than Utada herself, so who knows, but that said this interview is pretty old, it's been almost a full 10 years since Utada's last involvement with the series and with time comes perspective so it's possible she could have changed her mind and could be more open to doing more original music for the game series, but who knows, she only just recently came out of hiatus, got married, had a baby, very possibly she could decide that they can remix her old songs but may not wish to contribute new songs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2