• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2016 Berserk Anime Listed at 12 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziko577

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:53 pm Reply with quote
TrueZangetsu wrote:
meiam wrote:
Maybe they decided to cut down on the number of episode, any idea what the reception is looking like in japan?

Not good at all. And I can understand it. I'm not following the anime anymore, Manga is life.

Yeah man. I love the manga to death! The upcoming game though looks kinda bad and the self-censorship may hurt its chances to be released here in the west.
killa5k7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Geez. So much hate for this Berserk series. I myself have enjoyed it. Being a follower of both the Manga and the older series, plus the movies. I am just appreciative that they are releases any Berserk media.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Well, that's disappointing. I was hoping there would be at least as many episodes as the last show. Crying or Very sad

same. i actually have been enjoying this as well. i really don't care what the others have to say about this anime. i've already read all of the manga,so i know what's up. i really do look forward to seeing the dub for this and seeing Marc Diraison back in the helm.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote
killa5k7 wrote:
Geez. So much hate for this Berserk series. I myself have enjoyed it. Being a follower of both the Manga and the older series, plus the movies. I am just appreciative that they are releases any Berserk media.

I agree with you. This message board is full of hyperbole. It makes this show sound like the worst thing ever which it is not. The scores & reviews from the media & fans have been mixed. The score on imdb is 7.5 & the score on crunchyroll is 3.4 out of 5. Ign & Kotaku have given Berserk good episode reviews.
I think many fans of the anime would be reluctant to even talk about liking the show because of all the passionate hate on the boards.

Last edited by traffiktiger on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I guess Itagaki will be too busy directing Teekyuu 8 next season anyways.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
D.Gray-Man
Shokugeki no Souma
Berserk

What's the problem? Why make new seasons of only 12-13 episodes?
Blue Exorcist is also set to come back, I guess of only 12 episodes too.

If the Bleach big announcement is a new anime, I guess it'll be a 25-26 episodes sequel, so I'd rather not have anything at all.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:39 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
If it is ending this soon I guess I now longer have to worry about it potentially dragging on and will watch it; then again cliffhanger ending garbage is still possible.
The thread in general wrote:
this CGI crap

I wonder what qualifies as good CGI for TV anime standards around here.

nothing, there isn't a single instance of good cgi in any anime.

it all looks like fake shit since it doesn't blend in with everything else.

they just don't have the money to make it look as good as hand drawn.

Nodz wrote:
If the Bleach big announcement is a new anime, I guess it'll be a 25-26 episodes sequel, so I'd rather not have anything at all.

well id' guess it would depend on the ratings. if it gets good ratings they'll keep pushing out episodes.

though the story is so shit after aizen i can't say i even want it animated.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Berserk looks really bad and no, it's not because it's cg, it's because it's done really badly. Everything is so stiff and mechanical and floaty it makes me wonder if anyone working on it actually went to animation school. I watched a scene where the sprite character was supposed to be flailing wildly and instead its tiny arms just pumped slowly and stiffly up and down with absolutely no energy or thought and I just shut it off in disgust. If the people working on it don't give a damn why should I?
Lenks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Ziko577 wrote:
The upcoming game though looks kinda bad and the self-censorship may hurt its chances to be released here in the west.

It's been announced the game will be released west.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Lame. If you didn't feel the need to go all the way, why'd you bother even making the show.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I liked some of the later episodes. If it gets dubbed and released in the west, I'll definitely buy it.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

It depends on who you ask specifically, but most people who have a reasonable understanding of animation, consider most of the recent stuff by SANZIGEN to be fairly decent. I'm probably in the minority, but I think Polygon's work on Ajin was pretty good. If nothing else, they've definitely improved a lot since Sidonia.

Ufotable's CG backgrounds in Tales of Zestiria this season have looked pretty nice for me (not a fan of character designs). I also really enjoyed Ajin and I thought that they added some naturalistic gestures in several scenes that I was like "hey, not bad." I still feel the faces could use some more work, but overall I'm looking forward to the second season and if the story holds up I wouldn't have a problem buying it. I already own Knights of Sidonia and yea the character movements were very jerky (they seemed to get a tad bit better in the second season) and distracting, but the mech fights looked fun to me and I liked the overall art style. So, visually for me Sidonia had other stuff going for it. The only thing this Berserk has for me is the story, which I'm genuinely curious to see how they are going to adapt it. Meanwhile those nipple-less barby doll bodies are so bad it makes me want to alternate between laughing and face palming.

All I can think of is that they know this is Berserk and they know that as long as they don't totally screw up the story they can throw almost anything on the screen and people will buy it. Especially since some people are so starved for anything animated beyond the golden age arc.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
All I can think of is that they know this is Berserk and they know that as long as they don't totally screw up the story they can throw almost anything on the screen and people will buy it. Especially since some people are so starved for anything animated beyond the golden age arc.

They clearly think that, but whether they're right remains to be seen. Since a lot of fans have already rage-quit even watching the streams, they're unlikely to buy it. However, I imagine it will still result in the desired spike in manga sales, the raison d'être for most anime, as those fans flee to the source for refuge. So I suppose they win either way.

Btw, I too was going to mention Tales, as well as God Eater and some of UBW for some pretty decent looking cgi. Opinions vary widely on that though.
WeNTuS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:55 am Reply with quote
Dunno, last episdoes of Berserk are better quality then first one. Yeah, there's still crappy scenes but mostly it's ok.
maus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of the CGI (as it's really ugly) but I'm glad Berserk is getting animated again. It's sad the series is getting rushed. I won't be buying this series though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4