• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can You Name 10 More Anime From The 2000s?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Only got 5 right and 1 wrong(it was Najica, stupid me).

Could not get 3.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I got them all correct and thought that was pretty easy this time. I've seen 7 of them, and two others I would be able to recognize without needing choices. For Glass Fleet, I wouldn't have known what show it was without the choices, but it was clearly not any of the other three choices.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Only got a few of them, but one was the statistically hardest, Sister Princess. So, that's something!
EricJ2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
The article seems to have vanished before I could take a crack at it--
Not that I would have known much 00's anime from...wait, "deep" in my otaku memory?? Shocked

Ah, there, took long enough to load up--Knew two and guessed three.
I take it, like the Saber Marionette question on the last quiz, every quiz is going to have at least one "Oh, freakin' come ON!! Mad " question? Seriously, telling one Nanoha series from another?
And as for Super Milk-chan, who didn't remember Japan's attempt to kiss up to Adult Swim?

Some of us do, however, know the difference between Petite Princess Yucie and A Little Snow Fairy Sugar.
Dark Cloud Overhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Nailed all ten. Very Happy Saw Nanoha first two seasons, and didn't recognize the image, so I went with Striker and got it. The rest were pretty easy. Glass Fleet I got, even though I've never seen it, simply because I have seen all the other choices for it and knew it wasn't any of them.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Bustaar Bulaaaado! (in all seriousness cool name) wrote:
The only good shows on this list are Gun x Sword and Scrapped Princess.

Say now, Pretear and Najica were great too! Granted, I'm probably the only guy here that liked Najica for non-ecchi reasons though. Laughing
DCO wrote:
Saw Nanoha first two seasons, and didn't recognize the image, so I went with Striker and got it.

It is the best entry in the franchise although since a fifth series is coming this fall this statement might soon be irrelevant. Just don't expect to see much of Yuno when you do.
jroa wrote:
Also, cool robots.

>removed for copyright shenanigans

This statement is correct though. Cool I never did get why Gun X Sword had an X in the title if it was never used.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Got all 10 but a few were lucky guesses (like on Nanoha where I guessed the last series as the girls looked older).
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I only managed to figure out that Nanoha was StrikerS specifically due to a music video someone had up on YouTube a couple years ago. As for my other answers, I got about half of them right.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Of the ridiculous number of shows I've seen, most of them are things that still get talked about regularly, or are at least highly regarded, like Kemonozume and Dennou Coil. Didn't bother with many of the mid 2000s Otaku shows.

Think is kinda how I feel. Not sure now if I missed a lot've gems or if I just didn't watch as much anime as I feel I, objectively, did Razz
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Very happy to see a shout out to the ridiculous Najica Blitz Tactics. Razz
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Only ones I didn't know were Lyrical Nanoha (which I've never seen), Sister Princess and Glass Fleet. For the last two I was able to disqualify two of the entries on each, but hadn't seen the rest.

Didn't see Gun/Sword either, but the main character looked familiar enough.

Included the ones that weren't correct, I've seen quite a lot of these titles... The fact that a lot of these aired on TAN certainly helps.
ajr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Kudos to Zac for coming up with the other options, he did a good job picking shows that had a similar visual vibe to each other.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does know Sister Princess. Now I really want a remaster on Blu-Ray.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:29 am Reply with quote
Hah, seems a bit of luck was with me again as I got 8/10 despite having only seen two of those (Scrapped Princess and Gun x Sword) and recognising two more. Some I could narrow down through process of elimination (a few down to one) but the hardest was Nanoha since I've never seen any of it (but nailed it through pure luck).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:00 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
A lot of these titles have been forgotten by anime fandom

I was kinda sad to see how many people could mistake Pretear for Saiyuki. Then again, I had no idea Pretear was a reverse harem. I think I had it mentally lumped in with Pretty Cure. Laughing

Overall this round seemed kinda heavy on the harem/cute/magical girls genres. I missed Nanoha, DearS, Sister Princess, and Pretear. Are we detecting a theme here? I only remembered Milk Chan from a couple of adult swim episodes and Snow Fairy from seeing previews about a hundred times on Geneon dvds.

@EricJ2: the article is still up, so try again?

@DCO: you probably have 38 out of the 40 choices sitting on your shelves! ;D When are you gonna send in pics for Shelf Obsessed?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4