• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action Death Note Filming Spotted in Vancouver

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
DaisukeReds wrote:
Hahaha, this looks awful already.
And quite surprised with above commentators saying it looks cool.. what are you looking at?

Well, what about it looks awful to you, and how could it be changed and/or improved so it is no longer awful?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Joe Carpenter wrote:
navycherub wrote:

I like the look so far. It isn't ignoring the original story, just updating it for our current culture - L looks like he came right out of Watchdogs or Mr. Robot, which is a sensible update.

Watchdogs and Mr. Robot is exactly what I thought of as well.

They were just filming Mr. Robot at our location the whole day till deep into the night.

(No photography allowed Wink )

And yes, the stars were there
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

No more silly and ridiculous than speaking to a bunch of law enforcement representatives through a computer screen with the letter L emblazoned on it and with a digitized voice.

But again, having L hide behind a screen, where you know nothing about his identity, makes him a more mysterious and fascinating character. L speaking to the police through a computer monitor can actually be taken seriously. Having someone in a mask giving a public speech is not a scenario I can ever imagine taking seriously.

As some have mentioned, it could be an identity twist, so I'll withhold final judgement until the movie comes out. But if this is being played straight, then we can probably expect a pretty dumb movie.

Out of everything in Death Note, someone making a speech in a mask is where you can no longer suspend your disbelief? How is that anymore believable than a god-like mystery teenage dictate who communicates through butlers and computer screens... for all of like 1 episode then his face is revealed to the audience for the remainder of the series.

Isn't there a sequence where L either dons a motorcycle mask or tells people to wear them so they can't be seen? That's believable but a guy in a hoodie isn't?

That doesn't make any sense imo.
maxs2d2ace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for this. looks like he's a more direct and edger L. He certainly has the stance down.
Rai The Noblesse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
they should get the actor from Mr robot to play L
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 am Reply with quote
I don't have too many complaints over this one. The concept was weird enough in Japan. It'll be interesting to see it done in an American setting. Sadly,I don't have a Netflix account so I'm not going to be able to see it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3