• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Titan Comics Announces New Robotech Comic Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote
Lowlife187 wrote:

Yes I have heard the novels are good and finish the story. But I'd like to see the comic. John and Jason's art was good imo and I have a lot of time, and money, invested in the comics that it would be nice to finish it off that way.

Like all good franchises they will probably throw everything out the window and start over or do something completely different with little connection to the original.

100 Percent agree with you about Malbu/Academy Comic's original Robotech II run done by Jason and John comic book. Followed it to the bitter end, i do say bitter. Harmony Gold SQUASHED it and gave it to Antarctic Press who wasted their IP time they had Robotic license.

Good luck with Titan, i just hope they don't do forgettable but pretty comics based on comics. Then you'll see it get squashed by HG's mindless knee jerking reactions at possibility of MONEY being involved in something.

{Edit: Please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
SamusekTDS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:15 am Reply with quote
Lowlife187 wrote:
I guess there is no chance they will finish The Sentinels? I liked John and Jason Waldrips art and hopped someone would pick this back up. If it's just more Shadow Chronicles that can go in the trash.

Technically the "Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles" comic miniseries was their opportunity to do that. The Waltrips (one or both) returned and (more or less) concluded The Sentinels in a summarized/abbreviated form.

Add me to the list of people who wish Robotech could be more than it is. I can't bear to watch the new Voltron, even though I loved Avatar/Korra because it fills me with jealous rage for how good a Robotech revamp could be if only HG, Yune et al could get their heads out of their asses.

The RPG Kickstarter success showed that the Robotech Academy one didn't fail due to lack of interest, but because HG was asking fans to bankroll a pilot for an (at-best) iffy proposition. If it had been for a "new Netflix series from the Korra people" millions woulda rolled in, easy.

I also wish Macross stuff could come out here. The 30th anniversary videogame alone made me want to learn Japanese to import it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4