• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sun & Moon's Topless Pokemon Professor Has Fans Hot & Bothered

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
Funny how nobody is looking down on the sexualization of a man but when it's a woman then oh boy...

Twisted Evil You do realize this and all kinds of sexualization of men is a drop in the ocean compared to sexualization of women correct? Putting aside the moral compass, it's pretty obvious who MOST of the people are that are opposed to a bare chested, arguably handsome man showing his chest muscles. Rolling Eyes
Right Because showing women naked is out right sexism but its okay if a dude is naked Because we don't have feelings were just your sex toys, Nice double standards Rolling Eyes
( if your just joking then my bad for reading way into it )

@Pierrot because we are just objects not people so much for equality right ? Laughing its just too funny how how hypocritical Kotaku is

Last edited by dark13 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Sprocket

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
"Fans make tons of sexy art of fictional character."

And in other news, the sky is blue.

This has got to be the least newsworthy post I've seen on this site. Terrible.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
Sprocket wrote:

well, thankfully this was posted under the "Interest" headline, same as all the other Interest pieces!
musashi1600

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:54 am Reply with quote
It's Hawaii. I'd be shocked and disappointed if there isn't an IRL University of Hawaii professor who has gone to the beach with board shorts and a lab coat. Laughing
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:

Twisted Evil You do realize this and all kinds of sexualization of men is a drop in the ocean compared to sexualization of women correct? Putting aside the moral compass, it's pretty obvious who MOST of the people are that are opposed to a bare chested, arguably handsome man showing his chest muscles. Rolling Eyes

I take it you're not a Pokemon fan, given the shear amount of incest smut of Kudari and Nobori there is and how it dominates doujinshi conventions. Not that the whole 'drop in the ocean' argument is a strong one to begin with.

I think you are putting words in people's mouths, though. No one here and said that they were offended by the character being sexualized, or felt uncomfortable, so the snarky attitude about being on the otherside of the mirror seems a bit misplaced. All anyone has complained about here are the double standards among sites.

-Stuart Smith
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:29 am Reply with quote
Hello Top Gun!

Top Gun wrote:
If that's all it takes to get someone "hot and bothered," they need to go outside more. Razz

I dare say that if someone can be roused to a state of passion (shall we say) by so mundane a stimulus, they shall never want for anything more obscure. One almost envies them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:40 am Reply with quote
So not only does the female trainer have a hat that looks like a squid, but we have a bara Pokemon Professor. Had to admit, I was a bit worried after I saw those starters, but, yeah, with more bishies, they can give me missingnos for all I care.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 am Reply with quote
Ah, I see it's time for another round of "argue about whether people's inevitable lizard-brain fantasies are inappropriate." Now featuring the less-sexualized gender!

I admittedly find it hard to comprehend why anyone finds manly men attractive in the first place; but, well, reproductive evolution works in mysterious ways.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:39 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

well, thankfully this was posted under the "Interest" headline, same as all the other Interest pieces!

Isn't explaining away this technicality getting real tired?

Replace 'news' with 'post'.
This has got to be the least postworthy article I've seen on this site. Terrible.
Not that I agree with that statement, but I understand the feeling behind it because ANN is getting severely clickbaity. Even under news, they post a whole heap of nonsense.
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:49 am Reply with quote
I don't really see a problem with this character... If you get offended by seeing a topless man in swim shorts then stay FAR away from Waikiki and Haleiwa (I would say Waianae too but I wouldn't recommend going there unless you have to anyways; no offense to anyone who lives there but that place has a bad reputation just like where I live).

I actually think it's cool that he's named after an actual Hawaiian tree. Anyways isn't Kotaku like the Fox News of gaming news?

I also just noticed his color scheme is green and white and his hat has a rainbow on it. Is it maybe a reference to old school University of Hawaii at Manoa?
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:21 am Reply with quote
I'm offended that there is no female professor who looks like Akeno Himejima from High School DxD wearing nothing but a wide open lab coat for this gen instead.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:32 am Reply with quote
God he really is hot. I really like the rival/friend character too. This game is gunna be so worth the money for those two men.

Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Yaoi fangirls are the most annoying people on the internet. ESPECIALLY the ones that ship crack/not canon pairings. How delusional can you get?

This is what I'm reading: STOP HAVING FUN!

Go be a wet blanket to someone who actually gives a crap about your idea of fun.
redranger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:04 am Reply with quote
Now if this were a female, all the stupid feminists and stupid people who care about social justice would be calling for Nintendo's head. But "objectifying" men is okay.
Silver4000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
I don't see the reason for all this talk in the comments. Yes it is stupid when female characters are censored for the west, when it's something so minor. But this guy here doesn't has anything wrong, I mean, the place is based on Hawaii, it's hot over there, so he hangs out shirtless...

I'm not bothered about that, actually, I'm indifferent. Because I look at that as a normal thing. Same thing applies to the female characters.

Animechic420 wrote:
Wow, the first professor to be married, right?

Nah, there have been others that were married.
iirc, Prof. Elm was married and had a kid.

Prof Brich was also married I believe, with Ruby/Sapphire being his son/daughter (depending on which character you choose).

Hell, even Oak had Green has his grandson, so he was in some sort of relationship x)

Can't say nothing about the others, I don't even remember if the professor of the 4th generation is male or female, and I haven't played the others.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:16 am Reply with quote
Edited and/or deleted a few posts for over-quoting.

Don't want your posts edited/deleted?

Then don't over-quote.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5