• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Wrestling Trio Go Super Saiyan for Wrestlemania 32

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
This was one highlight on an otherwise lukewarm Wrestlemania. NEW...DAY ROCKS! NEW...DAY ROCKS!
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
This was one highlight on an otherwise lukewarm Wrestlemania. NEW...DAY ROCKS! NEW...DAY ROCKS!

This and Zack Ryder in the IC match were the highlights of a very mediocre night.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Should have tried with Pillar Men.
Xavon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
You'd think they could have afforded some armor that looked decent and fit right...
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
You'd think they could have afforded some armor that looked decent and fit right...

Only main eventers like John Cena and Brock Lesnar make that kinds of money.
3ngag3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Cole couldn't even pronounce Vegeta's name properly *facepalm*
xchampion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

This and Zack Ryder in the IC match were the highlights of a very mediocre night.

I don't know what Wrestlemania you both were watching because the only thing mediocre about last night was Triple H vs Roman Reigns. I agree the IC Title Match with Ryder winning was great. Chris Jericho vs AJ Styles was a entertaining technical match. The only reason you would say that sucked is if you are a Styles fan instead of a Jericho fan. I do not like Women Wrestling but even I can admit that match rocked with Banks, Charlotte, and Becky. The Undertaker vs Shane McMahon match started slow but it ended with a huge drop from the Hell in a Cell. It was crazy. You must be insane if you didn't get a kick out of Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, and Stone Cold Steve Austin laying waste to The League of Nations and everyone getting a freaking Stunner left and right. That whole bit with The Rock having his wrestling gear underneath his clothes and beating Erick Rowan with a Rock Bottom in 6 seconds was hilarious.

It was a rock solid Wrestlemania in my opinion. It wasn't the best Wrestlemania obviously but it being mediocre was one thing it was not.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
XChampion wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I don't know what Wrestlemania you both were watching because the only thing mediocre about last night was Triple H vs Roman Reigns. I agree the IC Title Match with Ryder winning was great. Chris Jericho vs AJ Styles was a entertaining technical match. The only reason you would say that sucked is if you are a Styles fan instead of a Jericho fan. I do not like Women Wrestling but even I can admit that match rocked with Banks, Charlotte, and Becky. The Undertaker vs Shane McMahon match started slow but it ended with a huge drop from the Hell in a Cell. It was crazy. You must be insane if you didn't get a kick out of Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, and Stone Cold Steve Austin laying waste to The League of Nations and everyone getting a freaking Stunner left and right. That whole bit with The Rock having his wrestling gear underneath his clothes and beating Erick Rowan with a Rock Bottom in 6 seconds was hilarious.

It was a rock solid Wrestlemania in my opinion. It wasn't the best Wrestlemania obviously but it being mediocre was one thing it was not.

Taker Shane had the jump off the cell and the rest was a slow boring drag, the Undertake has to retire.

The Rock had no business being there and his segment was far too long and did nothing but bury the Wyets and kill their momentum. Ambrose Lesner was a "Street fight" that barely left the ring and consisted of Brock making Ambrose look super weak.

New blood Style ends up losing to old man Jericho in what should have been a passing of the torch match where Style gets over big time with the crowd.

But i will admit the Women's match was a good match, but the rest, including the pre-show was a huge let down

This Mania was just flat out bad, the crowd was DEAD at the Biggest show of the year, even going so far as to actively boo the Faces (Good Guys)
TrowaAyanami

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Outside of that skit and the triple threat Women's title match, this year's Wrestlemania sucked hard.

Ryder winning the IC belt even though he's done nothing for 5 years made no sense.

AJ Styles losing to over-the-hill Jericho on his WM debut sucked (so, Jericho loses to Fandango, but beats AJ Styles?!?)

Ambrose-Lesnar was underwhelming.

Shane-Taker, outside of Shane's big dive off the cell, dragged on for too long.

Wyatt's being buried by part timer Rock and a currently injured Cena was rage-inducing.

And WWE forcing Roman Reigns down our throats with him winning the title just proves that Vince & WWE Creative are completely out of touch with their audience.

Not to mention, NXT Takeover Dallas completely blew Wrestlemania out of the water and THAT was from the Developmental brand of WWE.

Seriously, go watch Takeover Dallas. Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura is one of the best matches of the year.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Hey, wrestlers dressing in Saiyan armor. This would have really been neat, you know, back in 1999. Razz

I dig the cereal box thing, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Lol.

Imagine Mr. Satan being in WWE.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Their cosplay craziness levels just went over 9000.

I bet a lot of scouters will be broken.
GFYC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:
Should have tried with Pillar Men.

Haha
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
I don't watch WWE at least not anymore but this DBZ skit was sure fun to watch. Smile
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
3ngag3 wrote:
Cole couldn't even pronounce Vegeta's name properly *facepalm*

That would surprise nobody. Such a oversight comes, after all, from the same commentator who once made mention of the former Women's Champion, "Bull Nakona".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2