• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 is Spring 2016's Most Anticipated Show

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Thunder 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised at the exclusion of Kanberi since its an original anime for one which is less likely to get votes from established fans since there are none and the reception of everything seen thus far is all the same; THIS LOOKS LIKE AN ATTACK ON TITAN RIPOFFand from past experience from shows like Black Bullet and the recent God Eater which both drew inspiration from the same gimmick didn't fare well with audiences though calling Attack On Titan original in itself is an insult to the MuvLuv trilogy.

Last edited by Black Thunder 6 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
chito895

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I actually don't have anything to be hyped about for this Spring season. I'm not even looking forward Kiznaiver nor My Hero Academia, even when the first is a Trigger show and the other is pretty popular right now. I'll just wait for the Spring preview guide and see what is actually interesting for me.

However, something must be wrong with me, because the only show I want to watch and cringe about is The Asterisk War S2 (which is not in the poll). Embarassed Laughing
Mugetsu1995

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm really hype for bungo stray dogs.
The manga is really good plus im glad its getting 24 episodes
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
Is it just me or is Jojo missing on the survey?

A lots of shows are missing in the Japanese survey: Kabaneri the Iron Fortress, Twin star exocrists, big order, etc.

And this time, ANN survey makes the same mistake

Although both lists aren't good indicators of a show's true popularity and financial success, so I can get over that.

Big Order is there for me I just voted for it. What's up with that???
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:33 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

Please pay attention to my post. I am referring those titles to the Japanese list, NOT the ANN survey.For ANN, I am referring to Jojo in the beginning. No need to act confrontational
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited to see if Joker Game is as tone deaf as I imagine an anime set at the beginning of the second Sino-Japanese war could be. Otherwise it's just JoJo for me.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Easily! BREAK THAT DIAMOND
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Really? Super Lovers isn't on the women's list? SHAME! Evil or Very Mad
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:

Please pay attention to my post. I am referring those titles to the Japanese list, NOT the ANN survey.For ANN, I am referring to Jojo in the beginning. No need to act confrontational

Sorry sorry I didn't mean it that way I meant as in a question like is UK/USA ANN making a difference. Sorry about that man.

And ah, okey dokes I get you now. yeah I was surprised at Big Order not being on the top lists so i was wonderin'
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Black Thunder 6 wrote:
Not surprised at the exclusion of Kanberi since its an original anime for one which is less likely to get votes from established fans since there are none and the reception of everything seen thus far is all the same; THIS LOOKS LIKE AN ATTACK ON TITAN RIPOFFand from past experience from shows like Black Bullet and the recent God Eater which both drew inspiration from the same gimmick didn't fare well with audiences though calling Attack On Titan original in itself is an insult to the MuvLuv trilogy.

While it is true that it does look like an AoT rip off (and Muv Luv FTMFW!!) the Japanese don't really care about it. If they enjoy something they'll buy it, if they don't they'll drop it after episode 1. Some question this approach, I think its great. After all, these guys are meant to entertain us over delivering deep stories and symbolic visuals.
Valhern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't vote for JoJo, sadly, still voted for Kabaneri, Hero Academia and Ace Attorney, and those are not the only ones I'm looking forward to, this seems to be a pretty fun season. Haven't considered yet but I am getting interested in this Sakamoto one, haven't even watched the PV but kinda looks like Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

I expect for Stray Dogs to be up there in the female poll, I read only ten chapters of it and I know a fujoshi bait when I see one. Even so, it bored me a lot so I didn't stick with it but might try the anime, it's BONES so there ain't much to lose.
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
First one on the ANN poll I was going to checkmark was Macross Delta...and it's not there. Sure, I get that the odds of being able to get a legal stream in North America are approximately zero, but still, it's Macross!

Anyway, I just voted for Joker 3 and Bakuon, since I know I'm going to enjoy those, and left the third one blank. I suppose it would've been Hai-Furi or Mayoiga if I'd had to pick a third.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
JoJo, Asterisk War, and Macross Delta were added.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress however, was always on the survey and was never missing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Man, just three seems tough! Anime hyper I picked Joker Game for its unusual espionage angle, Bungou Stray Dogs because Bones, and Sakamoto because it's giving me major Cromartie vibes. Very Happy But I'm also curious about 12-sai (I feel like we don't get a lot of serious middle-schooler stories these days), Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu because I'm a sucker for time travel, Mayoiga because I'm also a sucker for mysteries, and tentatively Crystal, because even if the rest of it tanks, at least I'll hopefully get a Sailor Saturn transformation out of it. ^^;

Man, seems like a packed season! @.@ Usually I only look forward to two or three shows a season.

EDIT: Just as an aside, am I the only one getting an almost 80's-esque vibe from the character designs of Kabaneri. They just seem a little old-school to me. o.O
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow disappointed in the ladies for JoJo being so low. Also why isn't Kiznavier more anticipated, given the director?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3