• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Love Live! The School Idol Movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizuchan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little late to the party since the movie didn't premiere in my area till last night. I was an enjoyable piece of fluff. But I could not stop comparing it to the K-ON! movie... the concepts were too much alike for shows that are already so similar. But I brought along my friend that hadn't ever seen Love Live, and it turned her into a fan, so that was pretty cool.

enurtsol wrote:

We were laughing since the movie reminded us of High School Musical series, but like HSM we know in reality it's not so free rather idoling is so very very very commercial ya can't walk 5 paces without a management agent hitting on ya Laughing

Yeah, my friend said the whole thing reminded her of Glee. Then I brought up shipping for whatever reason and she said "exactly like Glee, then." Laughing

Am I the only sorry American that didn't know about the shoes on power lines being related to Halloween? I always wondered why people did that... and I'm rather humiliated to have found out from a Japanese movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:

Am I the only sorry American that didn't know about the shoes on power lines being related to Halloween? I always wondered why people did that... and I'm rather humiliated to have found out from a Japanese movie.

I've lived here my entire life and the movie is honestly the first time I've ever heard of that being connected to Halloween, your not alone haha
Foxaika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:35 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:

I've lived here my entire life and the movie is honestly the first time I've ever heard of that being connected to Halloween, your not alone haha

Same here, I had no idea. Laughing
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:

Urban legend also has it that shoes being hung on power lines is an indicator of drug activity in the area, with the type of drug(s) sold there indicated by the type of shoes hung... but again, that is just an urban legend, taken with a whole shaker of salt...
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:39 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
She can't be arsed to learn music, and that'd be a sad fall from grace............. then again, many do end up like that once the group masking an individual lack of talent goes away.........

Lol, harsh. That's like story line right out of a Takotsuboya doujin.

spoiler[Actually, in the Japanese theater, she sang in English the song "As Time Goes By" (from the movie Casablanca). The humming that she did in the overseas screenings was likely changed from the original due to rights issues. You can listen to this on the movie OST.]
Actar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
Kyosuke_ wrote:

spoiler[Actually, in the Japanese theater, she sang in English the song "As Time Goes By" (from the movie Casablanca). The humming that she did in the overseas screenings was likely changed from the original due to rights issues. You can listen to this on the movie OST.]

Yes, I know this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4