• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tiger & Bunny Tops Most-Wanted Original Anime Sequel Poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:21 am Reply with quote
I know it's a decade old as of this summer, but I'd still love to see a second season of Kamichu!, continuing schoolgirl goddess Yurie Hitotsubashi's mystical adventures and ordinary daily life into high school and into the mid-1980s.

Or, speaking of the mid-1980s, I'd love to see a proper theatrical sequel to Project A-ko sticking to that uber-80s Cream Lemon anime style but mining anime tropes from the subsequent three decades. As long as they ignore that Versus nonsense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gustave154

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:31 am Reply with quote
No White Album 2? Am disappointed in you Japan...
Parse Error

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
the male version is nothing but moe bait

What, exactly, is that even supposed to mean? Based on the range of shows on the men-only list, it would seem you're defining that as "has one or more attractive female characters among the main cast," but that's every bit as true for most of the series on the women-only list. For instance, if the Ledo image they used for Gargantia were swapped with one featuring Amy, Saaya, and Melty instead, then one could easily dismiss it as "moe bait" as well, whereas if, for example, the Index image on the men-only rankings had Touma fighting against Accelerator, then it would suddenly appear to be less moe than Kyousougiga or Shirobako at the very least.

Using "moe" in this fashion is no different than writing off Tiger & Bunny as something to the effect of "fujoshi-pandering yaoi bait." While it's clear the intention is to be derisive, there's no actual substance to it as a criticism. For one thing it is meaningless because that could include anything with two or more attractive male characters, and for another, it fails to explain why that should even be considered a bad thing in the first place.
Foxaika

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Parse Error wrote:
Lili-Hime wrote:
the male version is nothing but moe bait

What, exactly, is that even supposed to mean?

I always take that as meaning "something you will like" and watch it. Laughing
Supermutant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Some interesting picks on the list. Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet is a surprise as is Hell Girl. Gargantia was a surprise how much I liked it. I really enjoyed the first half of tiger and bunny. Anyone knows the Psycho Pass probably wants to see certain things in it get its due. Panty & Stocking squeal PLEASE!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3