• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most violent anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AHZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:01 am Reply with quote
Fist of the North Star was the most violent anime I've ever seen thus far.

I'd have to go with Golgo 13 and Wicked City for the most explicit pertaining to sex.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:08 am Reply with quote
I only saw about two episodes, but Texnoloyze or however you spell it... I was in awe with how violent it was.
rektagunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:23 am Reply with quote
outside of all-out hentai....I think Fist of the North Star takes the cake.....

but then I heard about Ichi the Killer anime.....the series based on the f'ed up movie......although I haven't seen the episodes.....I saw some of the screen caps and I thought that this could give FONS a run for it's money especially if it follows the movie's shock value......and that's just based on the SCREENCAPS fer cryin' out loud!!!!!!.......
hellsing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:35 am Reply with quote
but then I heard about Ichi the Killer anime.....the series based on the f'ed up movie......although I haven't seen the episodes.....I saw some of the screen caps and I thought that this could give FONS a run for it's money especially if it follows the movie's shock value......and that's just based on the SCREENCAPS fer cryin' out loud!!!!!!.......[/quote]

Whao or what is fons? Confused
Kagato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:40 am Reply with quote
Ninja Scroll,because some of the violence was unbeleivable (even for anime).spoiler[When Jubei was fighting the ninjas with the flashing battle and the blood was litterally shooting out of them by the ton.]

[EDIT - Spoiler tag fixed. Remember to include the closing tag. -C]
rektagunn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:02 pm Reply with quote
hellsing wrote:
but then I heard about Ichi the Killer anime.....the series based on the f'ed up movie......although I haven't seen the episodes.....I saw some of the screen caps and I thought that this could give FONS a run for it's money especially if it follows the movie's shock value......and that's just based on the SCREENCAPS fer cryin' out loud!!!!!!.......

Whao or what is fons? Confused[/quote]

whoops!.....I referring Fist of the North Star as "FONS" or "FOTNS"....and I'm referring to the movie since I assume the TV series would be tamer (although I only saw a few episodes of the TV series)
Klipso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:28 pm Reply with quote
heavy metal 2000

Quote:
I still know who you did last night...
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:32 pm Reply with quote
American-made, non-anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Although just a short clip. The anime part in Kill Bill Vol. 1 was unbelievably gorry and bloody. You could probablly get that on a p2p or IRC channel.
Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the whole anime scene was incredibly gory but then again, the whole movie itself was rather gory. :\
Sesshoumaru sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:28 pm Reply with quote
The End of Evangelion, when spoiler[Asuka fought the rest of the eva series, and when she got messed up.]
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Another really violent anime is "Sin the Motion Picture" I just seen it last night. Its ok. It kinda looks like a low budget anime if you know what i mean.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
eva05

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Well there's violent and then there's just body count. A lot of anime kill off tons of characters but they aren't necessarily violent...

Violent to me would be the Omaha Beach scene in "Saving Private Ryan", Sem Pekinpah's "Cross of Iron" or some of the battle scenes in "We Were Soliders". Those films really disturbed me for weeks after I saw them.

The only anime I can think of that really tapped into hatred and pure violence is Evangelion(Japanese dialogue version). A big part of that was the voice acting, the actors/actresses really went into the depths of hell personally to summon those performances. I remember reading an interview with the actress who played Asuka(I think it was her), who said after she finished Eva she had to get away for a while it took everything out of her.

I still remember the first time I saw End of Eva at the movies in Tokyo. I was shivering.

Blood the Last Vampire also had some seriously violent moments. While there wasn't a body count of more than 5-6 people, I felt wrath and anger when Saya killed. It's how I used to feel when I used to get into fights. You just want to rip the other person apart and hurt them as bad as you can. That's violence to me...

j
orphen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I puked during Samurai x Sad (pretty big puddle too!)Does that answer your question? Confused
Brit-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I nominate the X manga... The series wasn't half as bad, and neither was the movie. Kamui-pin-cushion. Volume 8. *snickers* Berserk was very violent too... but pretty ejoyable, what little I've seen of it. Nightwalker: Midnight Detective deserves props.... I LOVED that series. Plus, for something rated '13+', it was rather... *cough* Interesting. I personally think whoever was in charge of rating it was smoking something very, very strong. Not to mention, 6 episodes per DVD. Makes me happy. ^^
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10