• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Cutie Honeys

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote
A real pity about the prices on Cute High Earth Defense & Yuki Yuna. I'd have bought them in a hot minute if Ponycan hadn't mistaken me for a much wealthier man.
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Captain Earth seemed like a show with potential (and animated by Bones), but it meandered in inconsistency and some mediocrity throughout its run. In my opinion the last few episodes improved significantly, but probably not enough to considered it a Good anime.

If the last few episodes were instead used to lead to the midseries cliffhanger, the show could have been so much better. There was just way too much putzing around not actually explaining anything and "of the week" rote material.

jr0904 wrote:
though as a slice of life series, it'll never outdo Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

That's a funny sentiment, since the manga, which is the source material, is decidedly not slice of life >.>
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:13 am Reply with quote
mike.motaku wrote:
A real pity about the prices on Cute High Earth Defense & Yuki Yuna. I'd have bought them in a hot minute if Ponycan hadn't mistaken me for a much wealthier man.

If Yuki Yuna was a Funimation release, I'd be interested.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I thought Soul Eater NOT! had just enough plot and world building to make it a decent spin-off. I liked seeing the less intense side of the DWMA and Death City and would recommend it to Soul Eater fans as a rental (streamable?), if only to see the Soul Eater world from a new perspective. Wouldn't buy it unless a fan really likes CGDCT and slice-of-life, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2