• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Boondocks Season 2 - Now with 100% more Madhouse

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, a trailer was just recently posted for it on youtube. The trailer does have alot of the use of the "F-Bomb", so I'd just want you before you watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQoXMbNgUC0

Anyways, it seems Madhouse did a pretty good job on this. I'm rather curious how involved they are in the project, other than doing Animation Production. Since the original announcement, I was always under the impression Madhouse had some control over this somewhat. Some of the things in there, maybe it's just me, but they don't seem exactly what I'd call "American" in terms of the past season.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing this once it airs.
emory

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Madhouse only animates it. The show is produced at Sony Pictures in California.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
F-bomb? Try the N-word. I lost count of that a minute into the trailer.

I look forward to the new season, and can't wait to see the action scenes with the traditional Madhouse flare.

And I rather have an American company in control of Boondocks than Madhouse, love them or not. Madhouse is great, no denying that, but an American show that has jokes based off a distinct American culture... you'd want an American in control, preferably with the original creator's input. Anything from timing of the jokes to character designs could go wrong if Madhouse had complete production of the show.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I could've sworn that the belt and slash sequences near the end came out of a Kawajiri flick; but yeah... I've been waiting for this for quite some time now...

Thank god it's almost here.

That said, I'm not really sure how involved Madhouse actually is with the actual animation...

I mean, is EVERYTHING being outsourced to them?

Or is it just specific things?

I have no idea (can't even find anything about it on the Japanese site).

Either way... whoever's really doing it... damn, some of the stuff looked quite nice; definitely a step above from last season (which was actually kinda weird here and there).
camelot187757

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Damn that trailer was funny. Most definitely getting the DVD whenever it drops
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quote
it's kind of pointless to have a trailer like that unless they plan to have the dvds out within the first month, given that it's gonna get edited to hell and back.

does anyone know if Adult funded the second season?
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see this show.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm betting my hopes up for The Boondocks's new season since I love that show. But yeah, it's surprising that the F-Bomb and the S-Bomb were heard uncensored. Is this an online trailer? Because if it was on TV, f*** and s*** would be bleeped. But however, this one episode of South Park allowed "s***" to be said uncensored without any lawsuits and fines.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TheVok

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Anyways, looking forward to seeing this once it airs.

I'm not. Season 1's MLK episode was genius, but for the most part the series just became too over-the-top ... and season 2 looks like over-the-top on 'roids. Beautiful animation isn't enough just by itself, especially when Aaron McGruder seems so dead-set on abandoning any charm the comic had in the past ....
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:01 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
I'm betting my hopes up for The Boondocks's new season since I love that show. But yeah, it's surprising that the F-Bomb and the S-Bomb were heard uncensored. Is this an online trailer? Because if it was on TV, f*** and s*** would be bleeped. But however, this one episode of South Park allowed "s***" to be said uncensored without any lawsuits and fines.

They did it twice actually. Theres the one episode where they say shit like 100 times ("The night of 1000 shits" lol) and then they did another one where they said [slur](s) 47 times I think. Funny thing about the second one though, black rights groups supported the episode because it was done in South Park's own "tasteful" way of showing the impact the word has and whatnot.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
Hehe. I've been waiting for this. Twisted Evil

Hey. Is this anime yet? Twisted Evil
BuffaloStyle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quote
Oh, yes.....I have been waiting for this one for way too long....That trailer is hilarious..
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:57 am Reply with quote
I wish I could've caught Aaron when he was at Comic Con. It's a shame he won't be doing the strips anymore, but I hope he's involved with the show. I thought he was joking about people wearing bootleg shirts of his characters, but I actually saw a dude a while back who had one.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quote
[Feeds KyuuA4]...no.[/Feeds]

The Boondocks is a brilliant show; hopefully Madhouse will do as good a job as the first season, but in the end I'd say it's the script that makes this show what it is, and the script is 100% Made in USA.

Black radical social revolution ftw!

Also, who ****ing cares about the ****ing *-word and *-word and how many times they ****ing say it in the ****ing show anyway? It's just ****ing profanity. P=
Gage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quote
Heh, the old guy in the store is funny! "If I go to Burger King and order a cheese burger, they gonna make me put the cheese on it to G** dammit!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5