• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Gangsta, More Hetalia, 11 More New Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I had not heard that, TheAncientOne, and that's really annoying to hear. The bulk of the reason that I forked out the extra money for the smart TV that I got last fall was so that I could watch streaming anime shows on my TV without needing extra equipment to do so. Razz

There was supposed to have been an e-mail that went out to people, but apparently who received it has been rather spotty. Needless to say, the small contingent of people whose purchased of a specific brand smart TV because it had the CR app are not happy.

There has been no new topic generated in the Site News section, but there have been some posts from customer service confirming it. This is one of the more detailed ones:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-807937/is-there-a-cr-app-for-samsung-tvs#50440695
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
sunflower wrote:

But that's really not true. This is the first season where Funi has had the lion's share, ever.

"Lion's share" normally denotes quantity. With 15 new simulcasts, it isn't realistic for Funimation to have the "lion's share" of new simulcasts. (Total simulcasts is not even in question). It would require over 1/3 of this season's series to have no simulcast.

Also, Funimation had more new simulcasts than CR in the past. I suggest you count the number each had in summer 2010.

If by "lion's share" you were referring instead to the quantity of what you consider the best titles, continue to my next response:

Sam Murai wrote:

"Cyclical" in the strict sense that every other season or so, either FUNimation or Crunchyroll gets a hold of a bunch of anime for it. This summer, FUNimation has.

If you are talking about the greatest number of what you consider the best titles, keep in mind that you are likely to find others who disagree with you. I've seen messages from people on both sides; some thinking Funimation really owned the game, and others only seeing a couple of titles there of interest.

You are also talking about a deal that isn't done, as while Funimation has announced almost all of their 15 new titles, CR probably hasn't announced a third of theirs. (I expect their slate will wrap with around 25 new simulcasts).

Question: Have you actually looked at the 23 remaining titles (I'm counting Chaos Dragon as claimed), and already deemed them unworthy of tipping the balance?

Then, I stand corrected in regard to them taking the greatest slice this season. I was also discounting returning shows on CR.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
scineram

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:15 am Reply with quote
That is a lot of stuff to pirate.

So fudge funimation and fudge the anime industry.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
In the future, headlines for this sort of story should be "Funimation Streams Gangsta, More Hetalia, 11 More New Anime... eventually."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7