• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sakura-Con Hilton Sold Out

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaacada1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:16 am Reply with quote
Its official, the Seattle Airport Hilton Hotel is SOLD OUT! There is but a few single bed rooms available.

BUT there is still plenty of room at the Marriott Hotel for Sakura-Con 2004. If you haven't booked a room yet, do so soon. Here's the link for how to make your reservations for the
Marriott Hotel:

Marriott Hotel
http://www.sakuracon.org/index.php?l=accomodations/marriott.html

The Marriott Hotel is the location of our Exhibitor's Hall and our Arcade & PC LAN Gaming Room called "The Wired".

The 7th Annual Sakura-Con will be hosted at the Seattle Airport Hilton Hotel and Conference Center and Sea-Tac Marriott Hotel April 23rd to April 25th, 2004. Sakura-Con is the premier Pacific Northwest Anime Convention devoted to east Asian Culture, with a particular focus on Japanese animation (anime), Japanese Comics (manga), and gaming.

Sakura-Con 2004
http://www.sakuracon.org

Anyone want to help organize an ANN Forum Gathering?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Baka-Con, er, Sakura-Con sure has grown since I was there last (1999) That's great news.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
king_micah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I waited a little long then.
Oh well.
The marriott is actually closer to the convention center.
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:06 pm Reply with quote
isaacada1 wrote:

Anyone want to help organize an ANN Forum Gathering?

I don't know how I could help, but if there were an ANN Forum Gathering I'd deffinatelly go.
isaacada1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:19 am Reply with quote
Kyle Pope(The Edit List) and myself are local, so we'll be there. As for any of the other ANN staffers, we'll have to see. Kyle, myself, & Jeremy are the only staffers based on the west coast(Zac & Rebecca in Arizona). The rest are east, or in the far east.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Heck, I've got the weekend days off (straight cook-stylee at night), so I'd be down to help plan stuff. I'm only about a half hour north of Seattle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I live in Olympia so i'll definately be there. BTW isaac are you helping run the convention?
isaacada1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:01 am Reply with quote
[quote="Gekigangar3"]BTW isaac are you helping run the convention?[/quote]

I'm the Director of Relations for the convention this year so yes, I'm guilty of helping run it. Smile
rage-demon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote
You know, I just recently decided to go to this since I’ve never been to an anime con before, so I wanted to ask a few questions. First off, should I be paranoid that I might not be able to get in? Or is there still plenty of time? And if I do make it, is there anything a new time convention attendee should prepare himself for?

Thanks for any info. Anime smile
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(Zac & Rebecca in Arizona).

Funny, I thought they lived in Texas. Laughing Maybe I'll run into Zac or Rebecca one day
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
isaacada1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:07 am Reply with quote
[quote="rage-demon"]You know, I just recently decided to go to this since I’ve never been to an anime con before, so I wanted to ask a few questions. First off, should I be paranoid that I might not be able to get in? Or is there still plenty of time? And if I do make it, is there anything a new time convention attendee should prepare himself for?

There's an faq on the website for new people coming to Sakura-Con. Also, you can register early to be sure you get entry. Plus it's cheaper to register now. Most of the information is available on the con website.
isaacada1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:31 am Reply with quote
Sakura-Con announced hiro will be performing a concert there.
http://www.sakuracon.org
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1