• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cross Ange Creative Producer Indicates Sales Were Strong Enough for More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, give Fukuda more silly and 'fun' shows.

I'm not a big fan of SEED (too soap-y for me) and don't get me started on Destiny. I did, however, absolutely love Cyber Formula (to the point where I have the complete series + OVAs + most of the video games) and Gear Fighter Dendoh.

Cross Ange fits more so with the later than it does the former so I wouldn't be opposed to more, although I have no idea where they would go plot-wise that would make sense. Unless they throw out plot all together and just do shorts, kinda like how Symphogear has the SD OVAs.
That Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
Sunrise told him that the studio was too busy with "a certain anime franchise that has been running for many years."

So I'm assuming this is Gundam? Jeez, we just had the 25th anniversary with 3 new gundam series. How about Sunrise lays off the Gundam and Studio 8 stops that Idol stuff and go to Horizon III?

Or maybe Gintama?
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:24 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I get the temptation to further exploit a successful property, but I cannot see where the story could go. A prequel might work, but not a sequel.

There is a lot of potential for sequels and prequels.
Need I say the word ? Sliders, infinite worlds. You can imagine one enemy of the week and not run out of worlds.

But I want new characters except maybe for quiz-time-girl and Hilda.
Let Ange have her caffe' and middle class life.
god45

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view this how three of sunrises show did

Accel World 2012 Spring disc sells in total 8,883

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II 2012Summer disc sells in total 20,968

Crossange 2014 Fall total disc 6,754

plus two out of these three shows had the creators say they wanna do sequels but sunrise is to busy is it me or is something going on at sunrise ?
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Well for one possible outcome is that since embryo was transported to the multiverse zone were he can get infinite bodies as long as his real body is intact....maybe he had some sort of contingency plant that allows him to survive and continue living...hey they made already so much asspulls why not more Razz

There is also as someone above said...infinite worlds equals infinite possiblieties ...maybe another embryo version or hell an entire different version of cross ange put together....maybe a spin off that is set in the same universe but with different characters...hell al of Mech series get spin off's why not this one..

Or a pre-queal focusing on the events of elektra in there first major attempt to gain freedom which ended up in failure.

WE have to wait and see......but i do hope it does get something and not just empty promises.
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Huh? But the story is done. The plot concluded and all that.

There's nothing left to fight, or explain.

Well, actually, there's a lot left to explain, like how the male dragons mate with creatures 1/5 their size, but whatever.
god45

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Well for one possible outcome is that since embryo was transported to the multiverse zone were he can get infinite bodies as long as his real body is intact....maybe he had some sort of contingency plant that allows him to survive and continue living...hey they made already so much asspulls why not more Razz

There is also as someone above said...infinite worlds equals infinite possiblieties ...maybe another embryo version or hell an entire different version of cross ange put together....maybe a spin off that is set in the same universe but with different characters...hell al of Mech series get spin off's why not this one..

Or a pre-queal focusing on the events of elektra in there first major attempt to gain freedom which ended up in failure.

WE have to wait and see......but i do hope it does get something and not just empty promises.
I love ange but I even know going by the sells it will not be a priority I already post a link on how it did
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
god45 wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

I love ange but I even know going by the sells it will not be a priority I already post a link on how it did

I know it isnt a top priority,,,,hell sunrise have series that have sold more than 20 k and still not have made seuqels to them....but somewhere down the line it could happen.....for example Fafnir got a sequel 10 years after the first season aired.... Genesis of Aquarion got one after 7 years also Eureka seven got another after 8 years....it does not have to be now but since they are interested somewhere down the road it could happen.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Honestly, give Fukuda more silly and 'fun' shows.

I'm not a big fan of SEED (too soap-y for me) and don't get me started on Destiny. I did, however, absolutely love Cyber Formula (to the point where I have the complete series + OVAs + most of the video games) and Gear Fighter Dendoh.

Cross Ange fits more so with the later than it does the former so I wouldn't be opposed to more, although I have no idea where they would go plot-wise that would make sense. Unless they throw out plot all together and just do shorts, kinda like how Symphogear has the SD OVAs.

I can agree with you in that, I love Cyber Formula too, it was the best of Fukuda pre-Seed era. I like Dendoh too.

And as for an upcoming Cross Ange thing, I think a Movie could work.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Give me a sequel about Sylvia finding a Vilkiss of her own and hunting down her sister for leaving her behind and I'm all aboard.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Anther season woundnt be a good Idea but maybe an alternative version of the other world would be better
Fipse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:

For my funny theory, I can imagine a harem deconstruction of Tusk! And a threesome relationship with Ange an Hilda Anime hyper

Hilda is gay and should stay gay. This is the only thing the show did right, keep the gay characters gay.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
They could easily time skip a bit and have the plot revolve around the idea that everything was not peaceful and jolly at looked at the end. Still blaming the dragons and without their magic (maybe the main villain is some kind of cult leader who convinces people that they lost their mana because of the dragons and going to war with them is the only way to get it back) the humans of the new world launch a war on the dragon world. You could either have Sylvia join the invaders, work against them or shift between them and give Ange a beginning story line where she tries to stay out of the war, maybe when she gets dragged in she tries to avoid using Villkiss or it reacts to her hesitancy and does not active thus limiting her power.
Bingal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:

But since I finished it, I have to say: Although this is by no means a masterpiece and it never even pretends to be one, this series improves tremendously from a shaky start; although some twists may be eye-rolling in the second half, but the ending is very satisfying and made me have no regret to invest time on this series..

How far in before it gets better? I just finished the tenth episode and so far it's still awfully written (if you can even call it writing).
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
god45 wrote:
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view this how three of sunrises show did

Accel World 2012 Spring disc sells in total 8,883

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II 2012Summer disc sells in total 20,968

Crossange 2014 Fall total disc 6,754

plus two out of these three shows had the creators say they wanna do sequels but sunrise is to busy is it me or is something going on at sunrise ?

Well you can say thatspoiler[Mai HiME is making huge comeback real soon]

As for Cross Ange,I knew deep down Cross Ange has huge potential in the long run. I'm very excited for Sunrise to continue this great franchise and with Ange kicking more ass than ever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9