• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, February 22-28

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:20 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@ AnimeAddict2014

Thank you for the information.

I would give you 2-3 kudo/like/thumb up by now, but i don't think that option is available here. This forum structure-- it's like it's from 2004.

I guess the only thing i can do is say Thank you again.

btw, the description from ANN about this series is confusing. I discussed this series with a friend and his response was "i'm not interested in series with mental illness"

anime#14448

Confused

I think this series is comedy/slice of life type with some action/drama/romance going on.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote
@AnimeAddict2014

Tell your friend that it is about mental illness only if being a nerd is a mental illness. This is about high school types that let their involvement in fantasy spill over into their real life. It is something you grow out of.

I should mention that if you can stream Crunchyroll, both seasons of the show are available there.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
i have to ask

Sub ONLY- often DVD?

DUB version -- often Blu-ray with both dub and sub? is that why it's 2x-3x the price?

Yes and no. This series is a strange one, as Alan45 already explained.

But, there are many series that get dub/sub and are available both on DVD and Blu-ray. Along with others being sub only, but being available in both Blu-ray and DVD.

An example I can think of, from Sentai, is Kokoro Connect. The DVD and Blu-ray versions both subs and are dubbed. I actually didn't know they had dubbed the show until I watched it. Laughing

I'd say, most series get a DVD/Blu-ray release that are sub only. For some, a company may dub it after the fact. Sentai seems to do that more than other companies.

With Chuuni, it's price being much higher than a regular release is due to it being a collector's edition. Many series, that aren't released as collector's editions, have Blue-ray versions that may only be $5 or so more than the DVD version. Sometimes less than that.

Minor gripe, disappointed that Waganaria season 2 is only available on Blu-ray from NISA. Prefer DVD when I import, due to the regions. Struggle to find a reliable region free BD player. Have run into many BDs that just don't play...*sigh*
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@AnimeAddict2014

Tell your friend that it is about mental illness only if being a nerd is a mental illness. This is about high school types that let their involvement in fantasy spill over into their real life. It is something you grow out of.

Adventure Time's recent episode "The Diary" explores that kinda delusion: Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed4QIITVXdE
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2