• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-06-15]

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Weird, that wall scroll behind me doesn't look crooked when I look at it. Confused I wonder if anyone can guess who that is on the wall scroll .....

Well, I didn't notice anyone else try to guess, so...it's the one and only Belldandy! That would actually make an interesting game for anime fans (to show only part of the character and then someone has to guess who it is). It might be way too easy of a game for an otaku, though. You look quite happy and energized in your picture, as if you're ready to take on the world!

I too have been having fun reading this thread and looking at the pictures of those brave enough to post them. Like MasterYeshua, I'm not particularly that great with technology. I mean, I was quite proud when I first registered to participate on ANN's boards, although I did ask my brother questions about what some things meant. And I was proud that I figured out how to create and load my avatars all by myself! Anime hyper I don't think that it's anything to be ashamed about, it just makes living in a highly technological society a bit difficult sometimes, especially since most people around my age (24 going on 25) always seem really into technology. I've just never really been that into technology unless it's part of a really awesome science fiction story. Or any story, actually. Although I love my hybrid VCR-DVD player and TV!

I actually must say that I liked Zac's picture in the thread better than the one in the article because it seems to be more in harmony with how he comes across in his writing.

The discussion about glasses is quite amusing. I wear glasses myself. My friends who are anime fans also wear glasses, except one of them only has reading glasses now, since she recently had laser eye surgery to correct her vision. I think that it's wonderful that people feel comfortable with embracing their "nerdiness," and thereby feel great about their glasses. I've actually never thought of myself as a nerd, (although I do like to say that I'm weird and different) and I've never thought of my parents, who've I've seen wear glasses all my life, as nerds. I personally think that glasses are a wonderful and beautiful tool that human beings created to help them to see better. It can't have been fun to have lived back in the day when they didn't have glasses, or they didn't have very good glasses, or glasses were mainly only available to the wealthy, etc. Then again, there are most likely people who still can't afford glasses nowadays, since they are relatively expensive. So, I think that if you enjoy embracing glasses as a sign of your nerdiness that's great, but I think that there is more than one way to embrace this most useful of accessories. They are my tool that helps me to experience the world more clearly, just as a pen for writing helps me understand the world more clearly and a pencil for drawing helps me understand the world more clearly, although the two latter types of clarity might be a bit different. Anime smile And I tried to think of who my favorite anime characters with glasses are--I came up with Abel, from Trinity Blood; Sora Hasegawa from Ah My Goddess!; and Jin from Samurai Champloo. There are probably a lot of others that aren't coming to my mind right now. I like Uryu from Bleach, too. I would highlight the titles of those shows, but my italics button doesn't want to work right now. I hope everyone is having a good day or night, depending on where you live on this lovely planet! Time to go watch some anime! Anime catgrin
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
I go out for one night and miss like, 3 pages.

Dare I say this is the friendliest answerman talkback ever? All we need now is a campfire, mini hotdogs, smore kits, and someone to play a guitar. I'm enjoying the pics too ^^

I have cheese and crackers and sunflower seeds and MORE than enough wood for a good campfire! Very Happy

Only instrument I play is the radio tho......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
That would make for quite a wallpaper, go ahead and make it and post it Very Happy. I like the Energizer Bunny comment, its totally out of left field just like myself.
I'd love to make that wallpaper, but you have to understand, Satan is a very busy demon. It's hard enough to meet on the weekends for our regular racketball games.

And Santa's been very busy lately with his new scheme to conquer the earth. (Dr. Membrane was right all along.)

The Energizer Bunny is usually free, although I hear he's starting up a band soon. The Easter Bunny's set to take on the lead guitar and Peter Cottontail's doing the lead vocals with the Bunny Girl Trio handling backup vocals. (Of course, Cottontail recently changed his name to Squiggy Eggdust, so who knows what they'll sound like.)

pixiebell wrote:
Richard, you have sparked my curiosity I wish you would post your picture.
Another lovely lady wanting to see what I look like. My need to always be nice to women is fighting my camera shyness tooth and nail.

If another woman asks, I'm doomed. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
I hope everyone is having a good day or night, depending on where you live on this lovely planet! Time to go watch some anime! Anime catgrin
It's comments like this that make it fun to read your posts. Always so nice, like a mug of hot chocolate on a moonless night. Very Happy
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I thought Zac would be skinnier...

That's not very nice Wink
Oh yeah, about glasses, since I need eye correction I just recently bought a new pair of glasses, new frames and all since I broke my old ones. I was wearing contacts but since I like my new glasses so much, I haven't been wearing my contacts for the past few weeks.

Oh, is it just me or does this sound rather wrong?

Answerman wrote:
And the panda cub makes everyone feel better in the end.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
That is NOT how I have EVER pictured Steven!

What do you mean by that Sad

I've always pictured you in my head as a blond Jim Morrison (Austrialian Version). Clutching a cigarette and a shot glass in one hand and working the computer with the other. Why, I don't know. That's how I've always pictured you.

As for my comment about Zac being skinnier, I was talking pencil, unhealthy thing...again, why I don't know.

Well, I was telling a co-worker about what's been going on in this column and he was kind enough to take my pic with his cell phone. The resolution is pretty good. Me, well...I don't like having my picture taken all that much...

I removed photo. Got nervous with it being on the 'net.

So this is me after a wearisome day at work today.

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:33 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

Well if that's the case, I wonder how you look before that Wink
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
After exposing myself on that Haruhi video, and finding out how fugly I look on camera, I'd like to make myself feel better by posting some better looking pictures of myself, even if they are a few years old.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/PantsgoblinX/me1.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/PantsgoblinX/me2.jpg

Ah, now I feel a lot better...
Hey Pants Goblin you are a really good looking guy, I must say.
WP is a really lucky girl, I only wish that I got to you before she did Laughing Wink (j/k)
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
PantsGoblin wrote:
After exposing myself on that Haruhi video, and finding out how fugly I look on camera, I'd like to make myself feel better by posting some better looking pictures of myself, even if they are a few years old.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/PantsgoblinX/me1.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/PantsgoblinX/me2.jpg

Ah, now I feel a lot better...
Hey Pants Goblin you are a really good looking guy, I must say.
WP is a really lucky girl, I only wish that I got to you before she did Laughing Wink (j/k)

Oh GOD

PANTSGOBLIN

YOU ARE SO HOT
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
Nice pics, PantsGoblin n_n. And Lydia-san, tired as you may be, you look quite like I pictured you: A nice person Very Happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:36 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:

Well if that's the case, I wonder how you look before that Wink

Well, usually, I look like this:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

TestamentSaki wrote
Quote:
And Lydia-san, tired as you may be, you look quite like I pictured you: A nice person

Thank you!
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 am Reply with quote
Steventheeunuch wrote:
How to be the most attractive guy on internet forums. (PICTURE IS KINDA BLURRY)

I'll see your suit and tie and raise you formal wear. Here's me at my sisters wedding a couple years back, I still look pretty much the same.

It's the only picture of me I have on my computer and I don't have a camera on me so you guys luckily don't get to see my grungy everyday look with my hair not neat and tied back and my beard much bushier.

Last edited by undeadben on Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:44 am Reply with quote
I have to say it is amazing how your brain develops a picture in your head of how someone looks based on their writings but when you see reality...you are so totally wrong...which I have been with Steve, fighter, ben and pretty much everyone else! Embarassed Wink Laughing
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote
Here's how I imagined a lot of people looked:

PantsGoblin
Cool
Lydia
Rolling Eyes
Steven
Very Happy
Ben
Smile
Fighterholic
Wink
Testament Saki
Razz
Zac
Surprised
Dormcat
Shocked
Deltakiral
Laughing
Richard
Confused
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl wrote:
Jedi General wrote:
Weird, that wall scroll behind me doesn't look crooked when I look at it. Confused I wonder if anyone can guess who that is on the wall scroll .....

Well, I didn't notice anyone else try to guess, so...it's the one and only Belldandy! That would actually make an interesting game for anime fans (to show only part of the character and then someone has to guess who it is). It might be way too easy of a game for an otaku, though. You look quite happy and energized in your picture, as if you're ready to take on the world!

Yep, you got it. I figured it would be rather easy, but I'm actually surprised someone actually took the time to guess it. Yeah, I guess I was happy to show my face to the folks on ANN (or maybe it was because I was finally home from work?).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:17 am Reply with quote
how disapointing. No zac shops. Might have to put my ms paint skillz to the test Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 27