• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ergo Proxy, Tenjho Tenge to Air on Fuse Starting June 8

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:19 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:
LilacShadow wrote:
I was pretty surprised when I saw the commercial, but i's always good to see more anime on TV. If I knew Ergo Proxy was going to be on TV, I might not have bought the DVDs though.

It might've made more sense if Fuse got an anime that had something to do with music, but then again Fuse has been airing some things that aren't music related for a little while anyway. :/

Ergo Proxy is emo enough to be associated with the music and culture. I think Fuse gets away with this one.

eww I hope not. Im looking forward to Ergo Proxy, but I cant stand Emos or Emoy stuff.

As for Tenjho Tenje, I haven't seen in but from what I've heard its...well...Abarenbo Shogun summed it up pretty nicely.

Im not familiar with Fuse, but if it a music based channel, this seems just random. O Well, their random is our gain.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Im not familiar with Fuse, but if it a music based channel, this seems just random. O Well, their random is our gain.

If the Sci Fi channel can show wrestling then Fuse showing anime doesn't seem so random.
Iritscen
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
ryusaki wrote:

But Tenjho Tenge?!?
Boobies!!

More like Boobies!!, I would think. This is basic cable, right?
rhodesama

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quote
I for one am just glad to see anime getting more exposure. Ergo Proxy is in my top ten of favorite anime. Besides, the major music video channels have less and less music related programming these days. If you're going to show something other than music videos, at least anime is a better choice than crap like dozens of Real World incarnations...
NeXT_Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

If the Sci Fi channel can show wrestling then Fuse showing anime doesn't seem so random.

Got a good point there... still can't believe that they air wrestling on a SciFi channel. (Reminds me of G4TV)
Iritscen
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, SciFi lost my respect a long time ago when they first started forgetting what their channel was named and showing unrelated crap (and way too much horror stuff). But some sci-fi-themed anime would go a long way toward restoring my respect Smile
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Man, I was kind of hoping [AS] would get Ergo Proxy, you know, on a channel I actually have?

Well, I once saw fuse when I was over at a friend's house who had it and was his favorite channel, and from what I saw, I liked it a lot. Mostly because of the fact that they do mostly rock videos instead of the crap that our MTV's and VH1's show. Only problem is.......well......you know......I kinda don't have it!!!!! Mad Or Sci-Fi, or IFC, or ImagineAsian, or Encore Action, or Showtime Beyond, or TAN or Funnimation channel, so if they could put some anime on a channel more basic, that would much be appreciated, thank you. (sorry for the ranting)[/quote]
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Man, I was kind of hoping [AS] would get Ergo Proxy, you know, on a channel I actually have?

My thoughts exactly. Ergo Proxy and [as] seemed like the perfect match too. Ah well, at least I have the DVDs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
os-osiris

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I , for one, am greatly pleased at hearing this. I was beginning to think that if AS didn't pick up Ergo Proxy no one would. Everyone may not get the channel, but for those of us that do its at least a small blessing (I would never have watched the channel otherwise Anime hyper)
NeXT_Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
os-osiris wrote:
I , for one, am greatly pleased at hearing this. I was beginning to think that if AS didn't pick up Ergo Proxy no one would. Everyone may not get the channel, but for those of us that do its at least a small blessing (I would never have watched the channel otherwise Anime hyper)

Same here, I've never seen FUSE before but I have it. An when they start airing anime i'm gonna be right der.
LilacShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
LilacShadow wrote:
I was pretty surprised when I saw the commercial, but i's always good to see more anime on TV. If I knew Ergo Proxy was going to be on TV, I might not have bought the DVDs though.

It might've made more sense if Fuse got an anime that had something to do with music, but then again Fuse has been airing some things that aren't music related for a little while anyway. :/

Ergo Proxy is emo enough to be associated with the music and culture. I think Fuse gets away with this one.

Personally, I don't know if I'd really consider Ergo Proxy to be emo... But emo seems to mean like a million different things now anyway. o_O
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Ergo Proxy and [as] seemed like the perfect match too. Ah well, at least I have the DVDs.

Yeah, I know. I'm going to have to start buying the DVDs now, but hey, that's no loss at all! I just need to make some room for it in all the other things I have to spend money on right now.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quote
LilacShadow wrote:
Personally, I don't know if I'd really consider Ergo Proxy to be emo... But emo seems to mean like a million different things now anyway. o_O

It's got that look of I am so emo it hurts.... I could see this working considering the show is aimed at fans like this. And considering the type of folk that are generally watching FUSE it could work, they could play Witch Hunter Robin seeing as how there pretty similar in look.
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Sadly, I don't get fuse. I have seen a bit of Ergo Proxy, and I wouldn't call it emo, but its not Metal either. Berserk is metal.
MasterYeshua

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Ergo Proxy, wow. Similar to Sci Fi's choice of Noein and Ghost in the Shell, Ergo Proxy is not an easy view. This series is deeply technical and philosophical. Similar to Xenosaga, Ghost in the Shell, Big O, and Evangelion. Most casual viewers, and even some dedicated, might not have the patience and intellectual capacity necessary to digest Ergo Proxy. However, unlike Sci Fi's block, Tenjo Tenge light story/ comedy/ action will be a nice off-set to Ergo Proxy. I think Fuse's block will be more successful at attracting new fans because its line-up is more balanced. These 2 series display both faces of anime. It certainly helps that these 2 titles are exclusive premiere, unlike most of Sci Fi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3